Torres Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 i'm anxious to see this swivel you made for it. and the final product as well
EpicenterDesigns Posted June 19, 2011 Author Report Posted June 19, 2011 For power and listening, it will dock inside the cradle. It will charge and play just like an iPod would, on a larger scale. It slides into the cradle and connects to a 90* connecter....... Then it will have an adapter that has the mini USB for charging via a lighter plug (hidden) and a standard 3.5mm plug for sound that will connect to the aux input of the HU..... Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!
EpicenterDesigns Posted June 19, 2011 Author Report Posted June 19, 2011 I spent 4 freakin hours making a bracket Tuesday. This is the 4th bracket design. Not because the others didn't work, but because everyone that came over had a different idea....lol This is a combo of my original idea and a buddies idea. It is basically a bell crank to change the motion of the acuator to swivel the iPad for removal. Oh, did I not mention all this will be motorized? I really shouldn't show this as I had not cleaned it up yet, so don't go thinking it will be installed like this. Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!
EpicenterDesigns Posted June 19, 2011 Author Report Posted June 19, 2011 So I got plenty done today. At least I think so. Actuator mounted, Bell Crank mounted, made linkages and got alot of holes drilled. Here are some pics..... Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!
EpicenterDesigns Posted June 19, 2011 Author Report Posted June 19, 2011 Here is a vid of it in action. Excuse the noises. It was still loose and just roughed in..... It has since been tightened up and works silently. Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!
bre2ts Posted June 19, 2011 Report Posted June 19, 2011 looks badd ass Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
EpicenterDesigns Posted June 19, 2011 Author Report Posted June 19, 2011 And for the hell of it, here is my template I made outta 1/4" MDF to make the filler pieces for the bezel. I will make a flat fiberglass panel on my plate glass then transfer the shape via a router table and mold that in. Monday or Tuesday when I have the time. Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!
C-Fizzy Posted June 19, 2011 Report Posted June 19, 2011 Wow. Amazing. Keep it up under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
Stephen Posted June 19, 2011 Report Posted June 19, 2011 MOARR you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
GiAnT4LYFE Posted June 19, 2011 Report Posted June 19, 2011 Love the creativity with the install. Looks sick. Can't wait to see more pics!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.