so Kimo asked me to make him some simple speaker baffles. all he asked was that he wanted them recessed. so i wanted to try out some new tools and make use of this gallon of bondo i never used. i gotta say, bondo SUCKS! only goes on smooth for a min or two then starts to harden and that leaves you with tons of little holes. but this was my 1st time so it could have just been me. anyways...

pics were taken from my phone so they are not the best. but oh well.

IMAG_0016.jpg

IMAG_0017.jpg

you guys know me and my clamps.

IMAG_0019.jpg

IMAG_0020.jpg

at this point i gave up on the idea of painting and went to my original idea of wrapping them.

IMAG_0024.jpg

now once i got some paint on them i saw some flaws disappear and i wondered what would happen if i kept working on it. this was a learning experience after all.

IMAG_0025.jpg

sanded and painted two more times... not looking too bad at all.

IMAG_0027.jpg

IMAG_0028.jpg

obviously i would have done things differently if i knew i was going to end up with a finished paint job. one or two more coats and i think this is going to look pretty good for a 1st timer and something i chalked up to be a failure. what do you guys think so far?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

They look real good mane. I did my first fiberglass and bondo job on my kick panels. Alot of work but they look okay. I know what you mean about the holes!! Oh and when it starts getting all gritty.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

came out pretty damn good man! and its not just you...bondo tends to do that.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

don't use as much hardener and old bondo hardens fast and acts the way you described

also what you use to spread the bondo makes a big difference

I'm no pro but it was just a couple things I picked up from doing my dash for the iPad over and over

but it looks really nice!! :drinks:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

yupyup too much hardner and it does that. Too little and it takes forever. I've had a few perfect mixtures before. Where it's somewhat runny, and somewhat hard but yet it's easy to manipulate and work with. Just takes practice. Looks supurb for first time :clapping:

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.