nautical7 Posted May 31, 2011 Report Posted May 31, 2011 Basically, Activision is looking into adding a monthly service fee for an 'Elite service'. Not sure what all it will include but there will also be a free version. I just hope the free version isn't like playing a trial game where you can't really enjoy the game unless you pay extra. I don't see myself wanting to pay extra for a reskinned game with a few different levels and guns when I can play mw2 for free (or BF3 which looks to be promising). Another company getting greedy, IMO. Thoughts? Links: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/31/cod-elite-thoughts/#more-60769
C-Fizzy Posted May 31, 2011 Report Posted May 31, 2011 It's bullshit that activision is being so greedy, especially since they're going to be buying out Take-Two under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
akrja_07 Posted May 31, 2011 Report Posted May 31, 2011 They better F***ING NOT! I will not even buy this game if they do that... I didn't even want to renew my gold membership, but I did. 2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator
BJD3 Posted May 31, 2011 Report Posted May 31, 2011 Basically, Activision is looking into adding a monthly service fee for an 'Elite service'. Not sure what all it will include but there will also be a free version. I just hope the free version isn't like playing a trial game where you can't really enjoy the game unless you pay extra. I don't see myself wanting to pay extra for a reskinned game with a few different levels and guns when I can play mw2 for free (or BF3 which looks to be promising). Another company getting greedy, IMO. Thoughts? Links: http://online.wsj.co...0423496054.html http://www.rockpaper...hts/#more-60769 If I have to pay a fee on top of XBL, Activision and MW3 can go screw themselves. Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
Afrodeezyak Posted May 31, 2011 Report Posted May 31, 2011 i heard about this last night and if they actually go through with it its complete bs. their prolly gonna loose a tone of business if they do. i know ill be going to bf3
greatblack Posted May 31, 2011 Report Posted May 31, 2011 bullshit. i'm defiantly getting bf3 instead. cod games are getting old any way. to easy and repetitive. look at my super internets it beast! http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png
greatblack Posted May 31, 2011 Report Posted May 31, 2011 bullshit. i'm defiantly getting bf3 instead. cod games are getting old any way. to easy and repetitive. look at my super internets it beast! http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png
tonedeaf Posted May 31, 2011 Report Posted May 31, 2011 They will implement one, but it's stupid little things like battle statistics and extra maps and shit. The free version will be fine for most IMO. What they need to be worried about is if they are doing dedicated servers. Let's not make this an upgraded version of mw2 please....
Paul M Posted May 31, 2011 Report Posted May 31, 2011 People have been talking about a fee like that since WaW...
BJD3 Posted May 31, 2011 Report Posted May 31, 2011 They will implement one, but it's stupid little things like battle statistics and extra maps and shit. The free version will be fine for most IMO. What they need to be worried about is if they are doing dedicated servers. Let's not make this an upgraded version of mw2 please.... I think that battle is over and done with. Activision isn't bringing back dedicated servers as we know them. They'll do the same thing they did with Black Ops where you pay for server space. I still think its more than a little shitty to deny maps because I don't pay a recurring fee. Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.