Second Skin Audio

Free Box Designs

412 CVX

4 10" memphis mojo's in the trunk of a car. i'm aware that a single 5" round port would have worked better, but finding 5" diameter pvc pipe or sonotube is next to impossible.

ngulmw.jpg

1secea.jpg

10ihzlx.jpg

2gvv6ee.jpg

Common Port walls should be 'zero'.

and you dont have enough port area.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

update: i will only respond to PM's and i'll be busy as hell so if you're in a rush i'm pry not a good source.

@chewie: i realize i don't have enough port area. but this box was an extreme challenge and in no sense of the word am i calling myself a professional. i figured this was close enough. not perfect but close enough

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

could you design something for me please? subs will be two kicker comp 15s on 600 watts 2000 toyota celica i would like a bandpass box, two sealed chambers firing into a shared ported chamber

can't do bandpass, sorry. i'm a noob :pardon:

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Some of your boxes have about half the port area / ft you need. I applaud your effort but there's a lot more to a good box than that calc. Theres a lot more variables.

This. And doing multiple 2" ports is just not an efficient way to do your ports vs having fewer larger ports.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

As Much as I love torres and think he should get a car audio nobel prize for his box program I curse him at the same time.

this post made me feel warm and fuzzy inside :wub: until i got to the end lol :ehh: but yeah i know what you're talking about...i've seen it a few times.

i'm not promising accuracy with my enclosures. i'm just going off what torres says

technically...i don't think i said anything :D just a few guidelines to kinda guide you. such as the 12-16 sq inches of port per foot. not always necessarily proper, i just saw so many people post boxes with like 4 sq inches of port per foot which is way too small no matter how you look at it. there is no 'a b c, 1 2 3' in box building

Some of your boxes have about half the port area / ft you need. I applaud your effort but there's a lot more to a good box than that calc. Theres a lot more variables.

This. And doing multiple 2" ports is just not an efficient way to do your ports vs having fewer larger ports.

i was informed of this when i posted the pics the first time. i did another design with a single 5" port per side. apparently round tubes that are 5" in diameter are extremely rare...

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

hi

can you make a design for me the box needed 2 ports

he is closed now so i want to try ported

here the specs

2x TS-W308D2

Nom. Dia. (In) 12

QTS 0,48

QMS 14,11

QES 0,50

Fs [Hz] 33,7

Vas [L] 36,16

Vas [ft 3 ] 1,28

Vd [L] 0,400

Vd [ft 3 ] 0,01412

Sd [m 2 ] 0,04597

Sd [ft 2 ] 0,495

Revc [Ω] DUAL1.5

LEVC [MH] (2000Hz) 2.18 (4Ω)

0,65 (1Ω)

Xmax [mm] 8,7

Xmax [in] 0,34

Zmax [Ω] 99.13 (4Ω)

24.81 (1Ω)

BI [TM] 16.07 (4Ω)

8.04 (1Ω)

RMS [Ns / m] 2,773

Mms [g] 184,95

Cms [m / N] 0,00012

Mg.Wt. [g] 2350

Fluxdichtheid [Gauss] 6800

Hag [mm] 10

Hag [in] 0,39

HVC [mm] 27,4

HVC [in] 1,08

VC.Diameter [mm] 55

Eff [%] 0,27

SPL [dB] 91,0

RMSPower [W] 400

MMP [W] 1400

Sp. Verplaatsing [L] 2,16

Sp. Verplaatsing [ft 3 ] 0,076

Recom. Behuizing [L] 35,4

Recom. Behuizing [ft 3 ] 1,25

F 0 (in de Ministerraad) 47,9

Q 0 (in de Ministerraad) 0,682

Wood type 22mm MDF

i hope that you have enough of this specs to make a design

a couple stock measers of my trunk 90 cm wide and 40 cm high

he can a littlebit higher but not to high

Could you make a box design for me? The dimensions are 34" wide, 19.5" high and about 16" deep. The subs are 4 10" DC Audio level 3's. Port tuned to about 32 Hz and the displacement is 0.14 sq ft per sub.

Heres the design i came up with. You can work with it or just come up with something new like CJ18's box at the bottom of my link

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

• 5 years later...

helloooo all

I am just starting my summer now, and am already finding myself somewhat bored. one of my favorite things to do is design boxes. i'm planning on starting a little business of doing this over the summer to earn a little extra coin.

i'll eventually post a link to some threads with pictures of a couple previous designs, but i'm a little lazy right now. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/pardon.gif

anyways, on to the purpose of this post. if you want a free box design, please answer the following questions and i'll see what i can do!

what subs?

how much power are you giving them?

exact(measured)maximum dimensions LxWxH:

what kind of car do you have?

which way are the subs going face (up, toward you or away from you?)

any preferences on where the port is located?

what is the sub displacement?

what is your preferred tuning freq?

also, i encourage any of the pro's on this forum to review my works!

Archived