Sundown Audio

Need an amp for a dual 1 ohm Fi BL

Mdraha

First of all, I don't know much about car audio. I installed my whole system by myself and made my box and everything, but I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as most of you on here so forgive me if I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I got a Dual 1 ohm 12" Fi BL and I'm looking for an amp that will work well with it, with a little headroom if possible. I should have bought the dual 2 ohm version since amps that run at 1 ohm are much cheaper. But my dumbass wanted it to work with the amp I've been using, and it ended up blowing a few weeks later after using it for about 2 years (RF 1001bd..old version).

I get a little confused with the whole ohm thing...I know that I can wire this sub down to .5 ohms and 2 ohms. I'm not sure what amps I can go with that would work well wired down to .5 ohms. Budget is about $300 but I'm hoping to be able to find an amp for $200 used. Any help is appreciated.

Cadence BC (I believe) amps are stable down to .5ohm, and warrantied as well. Should be in your range... BUT, if you don't have the voltage to supply to the amp, it will shit on you. What's your electrical looking like?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I have a RF T1000-1bdcp that would work perfectly with that sub. $350 plus shipping and it's brand new, still wrapped in plastic if you are interested. It won't do .5 but will do over 1k @ 2Ohms

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I have a RF T1000-1bdcp that would work perfectly with that sub. $350 plus shipping and it's brand new, still wrapped in plastic if you are interested.

OP, go with this! You can wire to 2ohm, still get tons of power and it won't strain your electrical system as much.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Or you could just get an AQ2200 or a Crescendo BC2000 and wire the sub to 2 ohms? So your not voltage droppin like a motherfucker if you dont have the electrical

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

What does the t1000 put out at 2 ohms if its so much stronger?

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Funny thing is that I have been looking for an RF amp since mine was such a beast (it was used for about a year and a half before I bought it, and I used it for another 2 more years)...but I'm honestly trying to get around 1300-1500 watts to the sub without hurting the amp. I believe when I got it tested a few years ago, it was putting out about 1250 pretty easily.

I'm aware that the T1000 is also underrated but $350 is just too much for me. It's tempting to just grab that off of you but $300 is really my limit.

And my electrical is NOT upgraded (yes stupid...working on it too).

Edited by Mdraha