Best clip restorer

I used to use MP3 gain and it worked pretty well. It basically just makes your music quieter to reduce clipping. Audacity could work too.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

you cannot fix clipping, u can make it quieter tho

well technically there is a method that works with some songs, but it degrades quality alot

just because the red disappears on audacity doesnt mean u got rid of the bad stuff... and just because you see a little red doesnt mean it will even be audible. u need to watch music through a oscilloscope like on windows media player and watch for horizontal flat spots... thats a sign of a song not to play at full tilt

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

sometimes I see bass lines that aren't horizontal, they are kinda slanted, what does that mean?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

you cannot fix clipping, u can make it quieter tho

well technically there is a method that works with some songs, but it degrades quality alot

just because the red disappears on audacity doesnt mean u got rid of the bad stuff... and just because you see a little red doesnt mean it will even be audible. u need to watch music through a oscilloscope like on windows media player and watch for horizontal flat spots... thats a sign of a song not to play at full tilt

I see...i play alot of banda and spanish music so most of the abuse goes to my mid and highs...guess i just have to be carefull with my epicenter knob...also where can i get some of this "decaf" music i keep hearing about...im guessing ur the man to see...?

his thread stickied at the top of Tunez lol

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

sometimes I see bass lines that aren't horizontal, they are kinda slanted, what does that mean?

ideally waveforms should like like a smooth wave, not a triangle or sawtooth if thats what u mean when viewing it on WMP

both introduce weird harmonics (odd order)

I see...i play alot of banda and spanish music so most of the abuse goes to my mid and highs...guess i just have to be carefull with my epicenter knob...also where can i get some of this "decaf" music i keep hearing about...im guessing ur the man to see...?

epicenter will destroy a sub if used on the wrong song, seen it happen first hand on michael jackson a few years back

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

When using audacity I've negatively amplified a song and used the 'leveler' effect on the light or medium setting and it seemed to help take some clipping/triangled waves and fix them. Not sure if it actually fixed them or if it just made it a little harder to see, but it seems to have worked a couple times for me.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

just makes things smaller... which makes it harder to see

if you generate a sine wave you can test how each effect changes a single raw note... the leveler makes the waveform less ideal, spends more time at peak position for some reason

normalize seems to be a better option, but it acts just like the amplify effect

ive spent a large part of the past 3 years using every effect on that program and theres still no correct way for every song

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg