Ok that reminds me of something else I read, it said if you had 2 batteries then they should be the same for equal charge time. ???

when people say the same, they are talking like, the lead acid, needs to be with another lead acid one, or AGM needs to be with AGM...

because they charge differently, and will draw off each other untill they die.. *if i remember right

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Ok that reminds me of something else I read, it said if you had 2 batteries then they should be the same for equal charge time. ???

when people say the same, they are talking like, the lead acid, needs to be with another lead acid one, or AGM needs to be with AGM...

because they charge differently, and will draw off each other untill they die.. *if i remember right

You do ;)

Most AGM will sit in the high 12's as to where the wet batteries will sit in low to mid 12's so your AGM's will constantly be trying to equalize the voltage.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

just when you think you know everything, some genius comes along tryin to tell you otherwise! lol

so i'm assuming the stock car battery is AGM? so that would mean if i wanted to run a 2 batt setup with an xs power in the rear i would need to replace the front battery with an xs power too?

if so... Damn! imma be one broke ass college student. curse you 12 volt bug! curse you!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

just when you think you know everything, some genius comes along tryin to tell you otherwise! lol

so i'm assuming the stock car battery is AGM? so that would mean if i wanted to run a 2 batt setup with an xs power in the rear i would need to replace the front battery with an xs power too?

if so... Damn! imma be one broke ass college student. curse you 12 volt bug! curse you!

no, your stock battery is lead acid. it should be replaced though, like you said.

even among batteries of the same type, different brands have different rates of discharge. the one that discharges faster will be stressed more than the other battery. so in theory the better battery can fail before the lesser one. that being said, i have mixed brands and battery types and not had any problems. i spent a good deal of money to make all my batteries the same brand and had no improvement.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have a somewhat related question.

In my car, I have zero voltage drop. It doesn't matter if I'm full tilt, or radio off, my car is at a solid 12.8 at idle and 13.2 moving. However, I do get light dimming. I'm assuming this is because the battery isn't able to get power out quickly enough.

If I only want the single battery up front, what stats should I be looking at to compare batteries? Should I just pick the biggest AGM type that fits by whatever (quality) brand is cheapest? Should I keep what I have since nothing will improve? Or am I the rare exception to the "no caps" rule?

EDIT: When I say dimming, this doesn't happen on sustained bass notes. Its more pronounced on bass kicks. Its a spit second of dimming.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

that sounds like what a cap is supposed to fix. what that quick dim is all about is your alt takes a second to sense there is a load and kick itself on. so you are probably just seeing that delay. HOWEVER, 12.8 at idle and 13.2 at 2000rpm is not a good thing. you should be charging at 13.8-15v.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

that sounds like what a cap is supposed to fix. what that quick dim is all about is your alt takes a second to sense there is a load and kick itself on. so you are probably just seeing that delay. HOWEVER, 12.8 at idle and 13.2 at 2000rpm is not a good thing. you should be charging at 13.8-15v.

the why the hell is everything automobile related advertised as 12v? lol this is all so confuzzling! yet intriguing at the same time

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

the why the hell is everything automobile related advertised as 12v? lol this is all so confuzzling! yet intriguing at the same time

12v charges at 14....

14v charges at 16..

16v charges at 18.. and so on and so on

batts that is

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

cause they use a 12v DC battery.