Sonic Electronix

Please don't mount those sexy M4As without first testing out your ideas with a much less expensive amp.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

The build starts the first week of july, the plans call for the port to be 3 inch thick birch or MDF, I'll be mounting the amps inside the port as planned but with rubber gaskets and a soft layer of foam compressed between the amp and port wall.

All that's left is to plan how to wire it pretty

amps will be 2 DD M4a's

hahahahaha. classic. someone asks a question, most people say "no, don't do it." and the person does it anyways. why even ask?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The build starts the first week of july, the plans call for the port to be 3 inch thick birch or MDF, I'll be mounting the amps inside the port as planned but with rubber gaskets and a soft layer of foam compressed between the amp and port wall.

All that's left is to plan how to wire it pretty

amps will be 2 DD M4a's

hahahahaha. classic. someone asks a question, most people say "no, don't do it." and the person does it anyways. why even ask?

he did learn from others experiance though

IF the box is built well enough the port shouldnt vibrate....

but yeah, i'm with everyone else: bad idea in general.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I would say dont do it. My Memphis got screwed up just by having it mounted behind my enclosure. Damn vibration broke a resistor loose and ended up frying some other resistors by the rca inputs.

20110605164311677.jpg

This next pic is the fried resistors. I guess it happened because the first one broke loose?!?!

20110605164609978.jpg

Oh and this is where the resistor broke loose from.

20110605164414978.jpg

Kinda looks like what happened to mine

I'm need to find the replacement parts, but first I need find the resistance of the 2 resistors that burnt out. Amp still works just doesnt have full potential. Can you shoot me pics?

I already have gotten rid of it :/

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

Yeeeeeeaaaaaa no. I dont put my amps on the boxes anymore because i've blew apart a Kicker zx300.1, a memphis pr 500.1 and a dd 600.2 (i dont remember the model exactly). All of them suffered from having their guts torn apart by the subs and frying themselves. All the amps were brand new and only lasted a month or two on the box. So i say nooooooooo. :ehh:

Lol. Yet my AP1500 has survived being attached to my box... :yahoo:

@ OP, why not just mount it on a separate piece of wood somewhere & add 12v computer fans?

POTATO!

Archived