Sundown Audio

Power Acoustik

I was just curious if anyone heard of the brand and if it was any good. I owned a bamf before it got stolen, but i never got a chance to bench test it. It was a 4000 watt amp and it moved my 3 1000 watt RMS subs really well at 8 ohms (didn't realize hooked up wrong. im just curious which one would be better also, the stack or bamf series

STACK

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifiers/NEW-POWER-ACOUSTIK-STAX5500-1D-5500w-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER/STAX5500%5Bs%5D1D.aspx?item_cd=STAX5500%5bs%5d1D&cat_cd=Car-Amplifiers#tab5

BAMF

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Mono-Car-Amplifier/POWER-ACOUSTIK-BAMF5500-1D-5500-WATT-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP/BAMF5500%5bs%5d1D.aspx

Just don't... Those amps are terrible...

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

They do about half of rated, if that, they don't even put out the power that their fusing suggests. They also sound hollow and lifeless. My friend had the BAMF4000 and it sounded like shit. He got a more lively, cleaner sound out of an Audiopipe amp, and even a Pyle 2 channel seemed to sound warmer.

To be honest, spend $300 on getting a Crescendo BC2000, or spend $415 on an AQ2200. Hell, even a Hifonics (anything but the HFI line!) is a step up from Power Acoustik... At least the Hifonics does close to rated.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Tell me a little about the crescendo BC2000, what gauge wire does it take max/min, The RMS/Max of it @ 1,2,4 ohms. is it even 1 ohm stable? and also can it be master/slaved? Does it have a safety trigger on it? i went to the crescendo web site and they don't have it on the site anymore so where could i buy one of these at?

AQ is a bit out of my price range, im looking for an amp that can power 3000w rms to 6000w max. Tell me some stuff abt Hifonics as well. Is there a decently priced amp for what i need?

What subwoofers do you have? What electrical do you have to back up 2000w? I'm willing to bet 2000w is too much for your subs, and you have stock electrical with a capacitor.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.