Second Skin Audio

Box port

Ok had a dual 12 inch sub box with a port in the middle with a board that was in the middle of the part I took it out thinking it would sound better but now it sounds really bad ,Want to make sure it was that and not something else .

Check Out my System and More at my website

www.Techreaper.com

if it's what i'm thinking...it wouldn't effect net volume at all. but however it would increase port area which would effect tuning. and if that's the only thing you did and then it started sounding like crap, pretty sure that'd be the cause lol.

if it's what i'm thinking...it wouldn't effect net volume at all. but however it would increase port area which would effect tuning. and if that's the only thing you did and then it started sounding like crap, pretty sure that'd be the cause lol.

Beside port area, wouldn't it also cause cancellation and port turbulence since you have two opposing forces coming at each other.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I agree. You changed the tuning from using 2 separate smaller ports to 1 big port which likely changed the frequency enough to cause the change in sound.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Archived