Second Skin Audio

More Bandpass Questions; New question post #52

haha well pretty much every box ive built or helped install has been a fourth order. from a blow through to a POS box i built with a skill saw and some liquid nail. they've all come out (soundwise) great. im not boasting or anything. just giving my ideas, and trying to give advice.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

your right. but you could be like Ray whos like mehhh.. i didnt account for displacement anyway.. lmao hes a beast :drinks:

foam tape... hmmm interesting, i use silicone on the removable seal, its a pita and you have to resurface but it works.. foam tape ill try that next time i open er up to reseal and see what happens :P

yeah the foam tape works pretty well. ive used it a few times while testing

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

This is great guys, gaining alot of information from this thread. If and when I build this, i'm gonna try the foam tape for the access panel. Let me know what happens when you try it P4killer.

In all my blowthrough boxes I put the front of the box on with screws and weatherstripping tape. It can be removed over and over again with no problem.

Ill figure something out a post what I did. :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Biggest advantage of inverting the sub is that the magnet is not that close to a wall, i mean, we are talking about a stupid small sealed box, if you mount the magnet inside the sealed chamber, that thing would be about 1" away of the wall if you are lucky, wouldn´t this be a problem on a sealed box? this is a question because i really haven´t tested much sealed enclousures, ported FTMW , and about 4th order´s, i have tested a few but all of them with the sub inverted...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I thought about it and decided it should be smaller due to the power i'm using. I also switched to an external port, that will still fire into the car. Is the small space between the sub and the front of the box going to create an issue?

DSC00267.jpg

i have basicaly that same design in my 62 chevy just add another sub on the left side ported in the middle and my subs are only 1 inch from the front of the box with no issues it didnt look like it was going to work but it did its only 2 10's with 150 watts but gets loud (for what it is) 132 dbs at the dash with a HUGE cabin and 150 watts if that most like 75 watts with box rise and what not

ps there is no such thing as wasted air space air space... in a box air space is air space no matter where it is but you you can mess with air flow

here is a pic of the 4th order in my 62 i was talking about

SANY0031.jpg

it plays from 25hz to 60 hz pretty flat has a roll off above 60 hz and 2 peaks one ad 32hz and one at 50 hz

now it is tight with the 1 inch only from the sealed box to the top of the ported when playing i can only imagin its a quater to an 1/8 of inch from the sub hitting the top plate but it works and works well so i dont think you have much of an issue there most likly get better air flow and louder side firing but its just stuff you have to test

pic of box in the car

IMG00052.jpg

ported threw the rear deck

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

me and kimo built that we had our doubts tho when making it after we saw really how close the sub was to the top plate of the box but i was like fuck it... its all cut and ready to go lets try it if it fails it fails but we wont know till we try

it came out way better then i ever thought it would sounds amazing and can play anything!!!!

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived