Sonic Electronix

Does powerbass make good stuff or do the lower prices seem too good to be true? Anyone know? How do they compare to RF?

powerbass = garbage IMO.. RF = great quality.

Why garbage? just because it isn´t as expensive as your RF??? i mean, i have a 400.4 for about 5 years now without any problems, i used an asa1500.1 and sounded awesome for the price, also ested the xta4000D and it´s a monster, it can take 0.5 ohms for music and 0.25 ohms for burps without any problems, not like your RF by the way ;)

By the way, look at Pulse car audio videos using a pair of powerbass amps for a single DD 9515 hitting 157 dbs sealed on the dash, and then you might think again about saying is garbage, of course, i respect your opinion as your preferences by using RF wich i totally understand, but garbage?? yeah right ;)

run that powerbass at .25 daily and see how long it will last.. when it comes to amps you should not cheap out.. sure the 4 channel ones may work alright.. but in the long run of going through cheap amps you could have bought one nice one that lasts years and years.. :shtf:

i've ran my xa3000d at .175 daily so i dont know what your talking about

but i guess its hard to comprehend shit when your choking on Rf's dick

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I have some powerbass 6.5" shallowmounts and they are clear and loud for like 50$ it was a great purchase im pleased with them but they dont have much midbass...(im not a midbass guy anyway) But to me its not a big deal i keep the bass off them as much as possible and let my hdc3s beat

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Does powerbass make good stuff or do the lower prices seem too good to be true? Anyone know? How do they compare to RF?

Why garbage? just because it isn´t as expensive as your RF??? i mean, i have a 400.4 for about 5 years now without any problems, i used an asa1500.1 and sounded awesome for the price, also ested the xta4000D and it´s a monster, it can take 0.5 ohms for music and 0.25 ohms for burps without any problems, not like your RF by the way ;)

By the way, look at Pulse car audio videos using a pair of powerbass amps for a single DD 9515 hitting 157 dbs sealed on the dash, and then you might think again about saying is garbage, of course, i respect your opinion as your preferences by using RF wich i totally understand, but garbage?? yeah right ;)

run that powerbass at .25 daily and see how long it will last.. when it comes to amps you should not cheap out.. sure the 4 channel ones may work alright.. but in the long run of going through cheap amps you could have bought one nice one that lasts years and years.. :shtf:

Have you ran PB? Being on RF nuts doesn't mean Steve will like you more.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Have you ran PB? Being on RF nuts doesn't mean Steve will like you more.

^^^ x2 of course RF is pretty good, but doesn't mean it's the only brand in the world! Try something new and maybe in a couple months that's the company that everyone on this forum's nuts will he hugging!

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Powerbass is good for the price we had a powerbass 4k lent to us and I already had my memphis 4k and in spl wise there was only a .5db diffrence and theres like a $200 diffrence in price

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

Dude if u havent tried one dont say anything we had a customer with 2 w7 run an asa 1500 on .5ohm for about a month

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

my powerbass asa1500.1d is a badass amp!! i dont like rf at all

not hating on powerbass, but do you have any experience with rockford? if so you should try some of their products and hear what real quality is :D

Edited by TRTC360

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I think powerbass is like a lot of other companies out there,they have ok stuff, good stuff, then fucking amazing stuff lol, like for example rockford has prime, punch, and power, each series is more expensive, better quality, and more powerful.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

my powerbass asa1500.1d is a badass amp!! i dont like rf at all

not hating on powerbass, but do you have any experience with rockford? if so you should try some of their products and hear what real quality is :D

Just be ready to get it financed haha

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

i have powerbass xta 4000 d wired at .67 ohm daily and iv seen them not just watched seen them run 1/4 ohm and awesome subs for the price the 3xls are loud and clean and iv herd there 4xls in a spl car at 42 Hz still sound daily driving worthy but the xta series amps are bad ass for multiple amp set ups with there master and slave RCA in and outs which means u set the master and all the others fallow exactly the same cant get any easier than that nothing wrong with other brands but know what Ur talking about before u say something that's y u don't see me talk highly bout soundigatal cuz i don't know anything about them for instance

and iv ran Rockford Memphis Kenwood Sony Alpine Boston so that's the advice or help i can help with or talk about with my experience and no others until i get my DCs hehe :yahoo:

Edited by jakobebassbudds

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!