Where to learn how to drive a manual?

If you live in a pretty big city driving a stick gets old fast beleave me. Most people know if you will be able to drive a stick just have confidence its like riding a bike. Find a gravel road and let it rip. stinky smell is from burning clutch :)

Post an ad on your local craigslist: " Man seeking to try stick for first time" :drinks:

Lmao!!! That should get some hits!!!!!;)

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

my first time ever driving a car with a manual transmission was when i rode with my cousin to a party, he got too drunk, i was drunk but not as drunk as he was lol and had to drive us outta there, amazingly i didnt do bad at all though, probably because i drove a 4-wheeler before with a clutch transmission, amazingly i didnt stall or nothing that night, i think after the first 20 mins or so i go the hang of it and i actually drove us to another party later that night lol.

why would you even want to learn a stick?

Here's a hypothetical situation: You rode around with your friend that is driving his 5 speed car out in the countryside. He pulls over to take a leak, and he get's stung by a bee on his way back to the car. He is allergic to bee stings, and starts to swell up like a balloon. You open the glove box only to see he's out of his epinephrine shots, so you pull out your phone to call an ambulance only to see you have no reception at all. You can drive him to the hospital in time to save his life, but you don't know how to drive stick, so you don't make it in time, and he dies.

It's a highly unlikely situation, but there are times where knowing how to drive stick could be of importance. I believe that all drive's education courses should have a manual car and it should be a requirement to learn how to operate a manual car to get a valid driver's license.

I would never buy a manual car purely on the bad resale value.

I would never buy an automatic car purely based on the cost and complexity of rebuilding an automatic transmission.

I took my wife to the dealership and we test drove a standard. I drove it to a nice open location and let her learn how to use a clutch then we returned the car to the dealership and said we were just going to continue looking for other vehicles.

That's a great idea!

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Like I've been looking for someone that owns one for about a year now... Nobody has one. None of my parents/relatives, friends of them, NOBODY. Haha, I've come up with 2 ideas at this point...

-Go test drive one with no experience..

-Go to the DMV and see if they have one

.. I mean those are the only 2 things I've thought of.. I've watched a lot of videos on it, and I mean it can't be that hard.. But I still want to try it just to say I can.. (I might even switch to one if it's how I think it is..)

But anyways, what should I do?...

It's fun and you can save a little bit more on gas

That used to be true but any car now especially 07 and up you get better gas mileage with auto as well as faster acceleration(hence why most in the High End Drag race scene changed to auto's way faster reaction time than a human could manage)

and still not nearly as fun, auto's are gay including the auto clutch ones they came out with

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Here's a hypothetical situation: You rode around with your friend that is driving his 5 speed car out in the countryside. He pulls over to take a leak, and he get's stung by a bee on his way back to the car. He is allergic to bee stings, and starts to swell up like a balloon. You open the glove box only to see he's out of his epinephrine shots, so you pull out your phone to call an ambulance only to see you have no reception at all. You can drive him to the hospital in time to save his life, but you don't know how to drive stick, so you don't make it in time, and he dies.

It's a highly unlikely situation, but there are times where knowing how to drive stick could be of importance. I believe that all drive's education courses should have a manual car and it should be a requirement to learn how to operate a manual car to get a valid driver's license.

I would never buy a manual car purely on the bad resale value.

I would never buy an automatic car purely based on the cost and complexity of rebuilding an automatic transmission.

I took my wife to the dealership and we test drove a standard. I drove it to a nice open location and let her learn how to use a clutch then we returned the car to the dealership and said we were just going to continue looking for other vehicles.

That's a great idea!

lmao. it's one of those things you need to just know how to do, and once you learn you never forget. You could drive a stick when youre 15, never drive one again for 60 years, then drive it again just fine when youre 75. Just like riding a bike.

my first manual was my 350z >.> lol. got the "hang" of it (by hang i mean not stalling everytime i came to a stop) in about 1 day. I'm still learning, and still don't have it mastered by a long shot.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Well, I have been driving my mums Auto Corolla the past year or so, and got my Provisional license late last year, and should be buying a car I have checked out later this week, which is manual.

The way I learnt in manual was by ringing the company I used for learning to drive, but instead, asked for a lesson in driving a manual, so I knew what it was like. You'll be surprised. All I knew prior to the lesson was to take my foot off of the gas before shifting, and I ended up stalling once in the whole 1 1/2 hour lesson I had :D

So, basically just ring up the local driving school and ask if anyone who is with the company owns a manual, and if you can have a lesson in one. Stop you from learning bad habits from friends and relatives e.g. my mate always puts the clutch down as soon as he uses the brakes, even if he doesn't go below 2500/3000 rpm (which can wear out the clutch way faster... one would assume).

You're making a good decision btw, they are so much more fun to drive. But the main thing I didn't know was about the "friction point". It's basically the point at which the gearbox is fully ready to engage a different gear, if you go too far past this point (ie letting too far off the clutch) the car will stall. This is where ya change gears, rev it up for a hill start etc.

One of the most convenient things about driving stick is using engine braking. I live in the hills, so it's handy for me. There is this big ass road not too far from where we are, and it's basically the main road to one of the biggest shopping centres in the southern hemisphere (and also where I usually go to buy stuff apart from groceries), and to the beach. Thing is, from about the halfway mark, you either have to pump your brakes, or use the shitty 2nd gear in an auto, or just sit on your brakes lightly, and slowly wearing out the pads. Now, here's where a manual comes in (or for the ppl with semi-auto cars, with auto clutch... BORING), you can shift into 2nd or 3rd gear and sit at about 59kph with no problems at all :) Engine brakes for you! And it doesn't wear it out (well, if you were to do it for hours on end each day it might)

My two cents, or more :)

Hope it helps.

Edited by Fyro

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

(2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock

Like I've been looking for someone that owns one for about a year now... Nobody has one. None of my parents/relatives, friends of them, NOBODY. Haha, I've come up with 2 ideas at this point...

-Go test drive one with no experience..

-Go to the DMV and see if they have one

.. I mean those are the only 2 things I've thought of.. I've watched a lot of videos on it, and I mean it can't be that hard.. But I still want to try it just to say I can.. (I might even switch to one if it's how I think it is..)

But anyways, what should I do?...

It's fun and you can save a little bit more on gas

That used to be true but any car now especially 07 and up you get better gas mileage with auto as well as faster acceleration(hence why most in the High End Drag race scene changed to auto's way faster reaction time than a human could manage)

and still not nearly as fun, auto's are gay including the auto clutch ones they came out with

cbf trying to figure out what to delete above to clean up this mess.

Anyway, +1 for that statement. Manual is by far way more fun to drive. You are (I know, sounds gay and cliched) also "one" with the car, as you are controlling the... well, everything you can really. Auto's know when it's right to shift, know when and where the friction point is in the gear box.. etc etc, while in a manual, you have to!

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

(2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock