'91 Civic Hatch | (1)15" on 500 watts 31Hz | Low Power Bigger Output

Just blew my subs, took them, switched there positions and then put both inverted. Wired them to go to 4 ohms bridged. Had horrible unloading, then went to switch them, and one didn't work anymore. Just wouldn't play when was connected, then I tried to connect the other by itself and it mad ea little noise then stopped. Yahhhhhhh, FML right, shits just hitting the fan left and right.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Just blew my subs, took them, switched there positions and then put both inverted. Wired them to go to 4 ohms bridged. Had horrible unloading, then went to switch them, and one didn't work anymore. Just wouldn't play when was connected, then I tried to connect the other by itself and it mad ea little noise then stopped. Yahhhhhhh, FML right, shits just hitting the fan left and right.

That is rough brohammer.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

got video and what it does on the tl?

Got some videos in the previous pages, and never got on the TL, don't think it did THAT much.

And kevin, it does :( think I am just going to wire up speaker wires to the front and run the 4 channels like it's supposed to, then start working on everything

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

got video and what it does on the tl?

Got some videos in the previous pages, and never got on the TL, don't think it did THAT much.

And kevin, it does :( think I am just going to wire up speaker wires to the front and run the 4 channels like it's supposed to, then start working on everything

If you run it in 3 channel mode or bridged they need to be at 4 ohms. It's always good to have a nice frontstage first. So you will be looking to get that skar 15" later other than sooner? Saw it was in your sig

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Ya I rewired them. Took the back + and - and connected them on each. Then took the other + and - run towards the amp, then before they touch the amp I put each speakers wires toegether. so 4 ohms, just think the unloading killed them, they did it pretty hard. And yes I will be checking that IVX-15 out, have good plans for that thing.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Turns out, that one of my subs tinsel leads somehow got disconnected from the terminal. These JBL subs I have, have copper mounts with the tinsel lead fed through a plastic support mount. Well every time I solder anything, or remove something, the copper mounts loosen up from the plastic because it gets so hot. The other can play, just needs to be touching a few certain spots on the speaker mount, so I suspect the other sub to have one of it's terminals barely touching the speaker terminal. Going to think up a way for my to easily make direct leads and go from there, and continue with my testing from yesterday.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Lol, actually going to take quite a while, Because the terminals always do that, I am going to remove them all and just solder some wire directly to the leads and work from that. But yes, good luck :)

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Here are the pics! Redid all my tinsel leads to be direct leads. And put both subs inverted, which as I thought made my lower end better. A lot better surprisingly. There is another thing though now. Since the subs are how they are, from the above pictures, one subs cone actually rests lower than the other one. I don't want what made them like this, as they weren't like this before hand. Because of this it creates unloading on anything 29hz and below pretty easily and badly. Also now on some low notes, it sounds like there is a weird whistle or like chain is vibrating.

Who needs to buy direct leads when you can do it yourself?!

DSCI0042.jpg

DSCI0044.jpg

DSCI0043.jpg

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm