Please help... Amp and Sub issue

With 4ga wire your max amp carrying capacity is 98amps @20ft so anything longer than that will cut the amperage the amp can get allowing you only 1100w to power with. With 1/0 you will get 247amps of current @20ft length allowing you to have 2700w of power on tap to play with, with that much power in back it would be a good thing to have a second battery to help with any spikes in power from the heavy low bass hits.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Ok thanks everyone. i just bought 0 guage wire for the amp wiring, and i still need to get 0 guage to do the big 3. i am also building a more suitable box for my trunk. however i have another questioin. would a small cap be of better use then a new or extra battery in my case. im still going to do the big 3 i was just wondering about for some extra power

4 gauge.... shit... theres your problem. your amp can only amplify the amount of amps that the power wire carries, regaurdless of gain settings. buy yourself some 1/0 and do yourself a favor.

like said above, what voice coils do your subs have, and give us some info on the box. i could build a custom toilet out of plywood, doesnt mean its gonna work. FI subs hate being tuned low, i have no idea why, something with the kind of suspensions and coils FI uses.

plus, your port could be choking the subs.

you seem to have more money than knowledge, i say just get yourself a deep cycle marine battery and swap it in. you'll be suprised what it can do.

Explain

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

• 2 weeks later...

I got the system up and running, however i beleive im getting voltage drops escpecially on the low notes. i have recently upgrade power and ground for amp to 0 guage and built box tuned to 32hz. I still need to do the big 3 but was wondering if i needed to get another battery and if so what kind?

Thanks in advance people, yall have been a big help so far.

Well why don't you do the big 3 and see how it goes?

Obviously the better your electrical system is the better off you are, you'd have good voltage with 2 alts and 10 batteries but it's a little unrealistic for most people obviously. Do the big 3 in 1/0 awg and see how it goes. (a voltage meter would be nice)

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

what is your box tuned at?

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

His last post said that he built a box to 33hz... Didn't say how big the box is tho

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs