Sonic Electronix

It could damage it :( Shit, now I have to do something about it quickly. I was wondering, would it be feasible to take a router to the front of the box and cut the old port out, sand it down and put a new one in, of course backing the screws out that would be in the way?

Eh, looking at my box design vs the port calculators using a port area of ~ 15, I am seeing that I will have to pretty much scrap my box design for something more square so that I can wrap the port around. Currently my box is tilted in the back, and I am not real sure how to wrap the port around with the way it is designed right now. Thank you guys for all your help, next time I will try to make my design in sketchup and post it before building it so that I don't waste a whole sheet of mdf ><

As far as damage to the sub goes, how would I keep that from happening until I get the time to make a whole new box? Do you think I will cause a whole lot of damage with the amp I am currently using, low end Sony Xplod XM2200GTX?

Making port area too small will increase port velocity and give a nasty port noise

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

Honestly, I don't have enough experience to listen to it and say "there is the port noise" I am sure it is there, but I can't hear it. My amp is "supposed" to be pushing 500rms, but as the guys here have pointed out it is an xplod amp and probably not pushing that much even in bridged mode.

Where did you get the carpeting from?

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

first off port area is simply WxH. LxWxH would be port volume. anyway port noise is sorta like whistling kinda noise. think of forcing alot of air through a smallll hole... like blowing real hard on a bendy straw, it whines or whistles. as for damaging the sub.. meh its possible in certain scenarios, but in yours, dont worry about it. like someone else said itll more than likely act like a sealed box (with an admittedly large leak lol). no bog deal. bump it for now untill you can build a better box and they enjoy the improvement in your bumpage and in also learning something :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s