Sonic Electronix

Hmm, violent vibrations with the windows down?

I always figured if you have the windows down and everything closed that you would get more flex and more vibrations. For some reason in my car, if I have either both windows down or windows up and a door open, my whole car flexes and there is a lot more vibration than if I had it all sealed up. Is this normal or what, just curious?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What he said.

Typically though from what I've read bass wavelengths are longer than your car is, so opening windows/doors enlarges the 'environment' in which the wave can propagate and form, causing it to be more defined. Meaning, louder. I know mine is.

This is partially why having windows open or doors open when you meter is considered "outlaw" scoring (IIRC)

Too many projects, too little time...

Depends on a lot of things. But a majority of time you are louder with windows/doors open than sealed.

Really depends on the box. My flat wall would unload and not sound good with the doors open, but with this bandpass it doesn't come alive until the doors are open. It just really depends on a number of things.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Vehicle and box setup/orientation has more to do with it then anything.

When you change the cabin area you change the vehicle resonance also changing the port velocity iirc and changes how it loads in the vehicle.

Outlaw is the measurement in the kick panel with a door open which causes scores to be louder in MOST cases. Some people keep a flat response and score with door open and sealed up.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I understand what most of you are saying on that. Another thing that I wonder to. My HU's is max at 35, I don't have insurance so I can't drive my car, but when I am sitting I can play some songs up to 33, but yesterday I went around the block and had it at 33, when I parked all I smelt was subwoofer. I am geussing because of while driving it changes the air pressure in the car?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I metered higher sealed up legal as opposed to outlaw. But it sounded/felt more violent when I opened doors/winders.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.