My failed door panel build

Well, I decided against doing so many speakers, so it was almost a complete waste of money and time. If it wasn't for the fact that it was good experience I'd be pissed at myself for not going the other way sooner. I guess it was more of a failed plan than a failed project.

And it was actually my 5th time glassing, hdorre.

Hard to call ANYTHING you learn from a failure!!!! I personally learned quite a bit just reading your thread...thanks man!!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Did it just sound like ass? I bet it got loud as fuck though?

I have no clue how loud they'd be, I gave up half way through. They were solid though, I could hit them with a wrench all day long.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

You could put two or three of the 6" in the doors as midbass and use your kicks and A pillars and create a couple mtm line arrays. You have the drivers for it. lol There's nothing wrong with running multiple drivers. I think Mark Eldridge had 12 speakers in his front stage.

Hang onto those panels. You may want to use them later.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

OP:

If ur not using them why not sell them??

Its a shame to see all that work go to waste...

Not really any market for door panels that are specifically fitted for a Saab 9000.

You could put two or three of the 6" in the doors as midbass and use your kicks and A pillars and create a couple mtm line arrays. You have the drivers for it. lol There's nothing wrong with running multiple drivers. I think Mark Eldridge had 12 speakers in his front stage.

Hang onto those panels. You may want to use them later.

I only had half of the speakers that would have been needed for this build. Kicks are not an option, as there isn't much room down there and it's a stick. I'd put my foot in the speaker every time I shift. I'm getting new door panels and starting over, they will be like my last panels were, except all one piece.

Setup will be 4 6.5"s in each door, 1 4" in each pillar, 1 4" in each side of the dash, 2 tweets per pillar, 1 tweet in each side of the dash, and 1 tweet in each sail panel.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

not too bad man...but the mat just looks way over-saturated, making it that much harder for you to sand. instead of sanding glass and resin, you have to sand down pure resin which tends to clog the paper real quick. plus you had to build up layers to help cover the seam in between the bottom and top sections. Ive overlapped before, but a small trick is to apply the first layer to the material then let it dry so its stiff and grind down that overlap so its even with the bottom. you don't have to do it, but I always found it easier. :shrug:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

not too bad man...but the mat just looks way over-saturated, making it that much harder for you to sand. instead of sanding glass and resin, you have to sand down pure resin which tends to clog the paper real quick. plus you had to build up layers to help cover the seam in between the bottom and top sections. Ive overlapped before, but a small trick is to apply the first layer to the material then let it dry so its stiff and grind down that overlap so its even with the bottom. you don't have to do it, but I always found it easier. :shrug:

That's a good idea, I'll have to keep that in mind. I think I did put a little too much resin on it (like I put in about a gallon and a half :ehh: ) but oh well, it was solid.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Fail my azz great start, just need to finish them. But since you changed your mind/plans finish them & sale to someone... I would buy them if they fit my bronco.

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

Those panels look sick. I bet they would have been crazy loud.

I understand if it's not in your budget, but next time get some high end body filler like Rage Xtreme. I noticed you had a gallon of Bondo brand in one of your pictures.

I have used both and the Rage is LIGHT YEARS better. You really get what you pay for. It's easier to lay down, easier to sand, and most importantly Rage is truely pin hole free which saves you hours of work and frusteration.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Archived