06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

This will send dual 1/0 ga power cables into a three way fused distribution block. But it's a little bit different in the way it's fused. This has one input from the front battery, remember the "Rear Power Run" cable? That is a separate fused cable that will run into the block, be fused at the block, and basically run into the battery, sort of.

Then coming out of the block will be a dual fused, dual 1/0 ga output that will run into another block. Remember the sketchup drawings that I did a couple days ago. This will be what is in the floor next to the battery. In the sketch up drawings, I have the positive cable and negative cable in one cubby and 3 separate fuse holders. This will take it's place. Take a look at the sketch up drawing:

TrunkBuildFinishedFloorwithBatteryandFuseHolders.jpg

Here's the distribution block that will take it's place:

RearFusedDistributionTerminalTopAngle.jpg

RearFusedDistributionTerminalFusedView.jpg

Inputs from the rear battery

RearFusedDistributionTerminalFrontView.jpg

Input and Outputs:

RearFusedDistributionTerminalRearView.jpg

Labeled:

RearFusedDistributionTerminalInputandOutputDetail.jpg

This, as I said already, will go into a second distribution block which will power all the equipment. This distribution block will most likely go in the area next to the sub enclosure, and between it and the component rack on the driver side. Here's the sketch up again to show you where.

TrunkBuildFinishedFacingFront.jpg

This block has the dual 1/0 ga inputs, which come from the dual 1/0 ga outputs from the previous block. This block will power the four amplifiers, as well as run power to the component rack cubbies. Six outputs in all. Pretty self explanatory. Take a look:

RearFusedDistributionBlockTopAngle.jpg

RearFusedDistributionBlockFusedView.jpg

Dual Inputs

RearFusedDistributionBlockInputView.jpg

4 - 4ga outputs, and 2 - 8ga outputs

RearFusedDistributionBlockOutputView.jpg

Labeled

RearFusedDistributionBlockOutputDetail.jpg

So that's pretty much the power side of the whole thing. Let's move onto the other side.

The ground side is pretty much the same thing with exception of the no fuses. I'll save the explanation cause it's literally the same set up. I wanted it that way for balance. All dual inputs, and outputs for each block.

Starting with the Dual Terminal

FrontPowerandGroundBatteryTerminalsTopView.jpg

into a non fused distribution block. Same as the power, there is a single ground cable that will come into the block, this from the frame itself under the car not in the trunk. Then a dual output to the second block.

RearDistributionTerminalTopAngle.jpg

RearDistributionTerminalSideAngle.jpg

Inputs

RearDistributionTerminalFrontAngle.jpg

Outputs

RearAngle.jpg

Outputs labeled

RearDistributionTerminalInputandOutputDetail.jpg

These then go into the second distribution block which will provide the ground cables to the amplifiers and the component racks.

RearDistributionBlockTopAngle.jpg

RearDistributionBlockSideAngle.jpg

inputs

RearDistributionBlockInputAngle.jpg

Outputs

RearDistributionBlockOutputAngle.jpg

Labeled

RearDistributionBlockOutputDetail.jpg

So in all, here's the final list of db's I need:

4 - Dual Output Terminal Blocks

1 - 7 Output / Dual Input Fused Distribution Block

1 - 6 Output / Dual Input Fused Distribution Block

1 - 3 Output / Dual Input Fused Distribution Block

1 - 5 Output / Dual Input Non Fused Distribution Block

1 - 6 Output / Dual Input Non Fused Distribution Block

1 - 3 Output / Dual Input Non Fused Distribution Block

So that's it, there you have it. All my custom distribution blocks in which I plan to build. I need to figure out how much stock I need to get, I need to get a band saw, and a drill press. Then, get started! Among my other 1500 projects that is! LOL!

Comments and thoughts, let's hear them!

I think you really enjoy all of this planning, laying stuff out in SketchUp and all your plans and ideas on here.

As do we :popcorn:

I think you really enjoy all of this planning, laying stuff out in SketchUp and all your plans and ideas on here.

No doubt! I have never seen anything more well planned!

Also lovin the tablet setup! So when will it be installed and completed? Sorry if I just missed that.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Hey guys, I was looking at distribution blocks, fuse holders, etc at project db. They have what's called "solid fuse block" and I'm not sure what the purpose of them are. Can someone shed some light? I thought the point of a fuse block was to allow one or more power lines in and then fuse them separately and distribute them out.

Here's the link to their site! Project DB

You can see they do good work, but the fuse blocks have me a little stumped! Just trying to clean things up a bit for my build. I'm gong to sell off all the audison connection gear. Not gonna use it anymore. I'm also thinking of doing my own blocks and fuse holders as well. I need 7 fused positives up front: ECU, Starter (these don't really need one but whatever), Alternator, HID's (3x's), 1/0 ga to the rear. So a nice custom block with fuses out would be sick. Then in the rear, I also need 7 fused positives: 4 amps, each cubby, and the fuse to the battery from the front.

I think I'm going to change a little bit up though too. The little cubbies next to the battery that hold positive and negative I think I'm going to change. I'm going to use those to pass the cable in and out of the battery. Then I'll use the spaces next to the sub enclosure that I have nothing in, to pass the runs in. I may do a balanced look. 3 pos and 3 neg on each side. Do a single 1/0 ga in, then 3 fused out for the pos, and 3 non fused out for the neg. I'll see if I can alter the look tonight. If I can I'll repost.

Hi Scooter, to help answer your queston on the solid fuse blocks they are mainly for people looking for different combinations of fusing for organiztions like MECA where "fine tuning" their fusing plays a role in their build. I also make other fuseblocks that are separate like you are looking for.

Cactus Sounds USA Team Captain

Multiple World Record Holders

Thank you yes I do. Reason is, I am short on time to work, and while that's not a bad thing sometimes, for me it really is cause I just sit here thinking of what I want to do. I'm kind of a perfectionist and a program like sketch up allows me to map it out, see what fits in real measurements, and scan back and see how it looks. This program has been a god send and even more the more I learn how to use it. That's why I'm doing so much with it. Then I can post it up to you guys and show you what's going on and it also helps me to finalize things. What you're seeing posted up now, is what WILL in fact happen. The only way it won't is if iI get a new vehicle, and at this point, I may actually try to configure it so this design goes into that. LOL! I'm very pleased with it!

No doubt! I have never seen anything more well planned!

Also lovin the tablet setup! So when will it be installed and completed? Sorry if I just missed that.

Thanks buddy! I'm very pleased with how that's gonna go too. It's kind of on hold at the moment until I get a couple things figured out. I've got to really step back and see if I want that Alpine Face Plate under it or not along with the DRC for the Bit One. Once I've got that decided, I'll start spending more time on it and getting it finished up. The trunk is may main priority right now cause if I don't have a trunk or amps etc, then I have no music, even if i do finish the tablet. Right now I have stock, and I guess if I do put the face plate in the dash with the tablet, I can hook up the stock speakers into it so I do still have music, but it's all about the trunk right now. That trunk is gonna take a lot of work to get done.

I plan to look at it this week and see what I decide to do, the face plate that is, and then after I decide I'll start working on the tablet again. You didn't miss it, I never have a timeline. My time for my stuff, is always so limited and so unstable, and that's why this build has taken so long.

Again it's kind of a benefit cause if I moved faster I'd never have the opportunity to use sketch up and I'd have wasted so much money tearing out and rebuilding by now, I'd be going crazy! Well maybe not! LOL!

Hey guys, I was looking at distribution blocks, fuse holders, etc at project db. They have what's called "solid fuse block" and I'm not sure what the purpose of them are. Can someone shed some light? I thought the point of a fuse block was to allow one or more power lines in and then fuse them separately and distribute them out.

Here's the link to their site! Project DB

You can see they do good work, but the fuse blocks have me a little stumped! Just trying to clean things up a bit for my build. I'm gong to sell off all the audison connection gear. Not gonna use it anymore. I'm also thinking of doing my own blocks and fuse holders as well. I need 7 fused positives up front: ECU, Starter (these don't really need one but whatever), Alternator, HID's (3x's), 1/0 ga to the rear. So a nice custom block with fuses out would be sick. Then in the rear, I also need 7 fused positives: 4 amps, each cubby, and the fuse to the battery from the front.

I think I'm going to change a little bit up though too. The little cubbies next to the battery that hold positive and negative I think I'm going to change. I'm going to use those to pass the cable in and out of the battery. Then I'll use the spaces next to the sub enclosure that I have nothing in, to pass the runs in. I may do a balanced look. 3 pos and 3 neg on each side. Do a single 1/0 ga in, then 3 fused out for the pos, and 3 non fused out for the neg. I'll see if I can alter the look tonight. If I can I'll repost.

Hi Scooter, to help answer your queston on the solid fuse blocks they are mainly for people looking for different combinations of fusing for organiztions like MECA where "fine tuning" their fusing plays a role in their build. I also make other fuseblocks that are separate like you are looking for.

Thanks for the info. I'm not going to compete, maybe, so I'm not so worried about that. But it's good info to know. I'm always looking to know more info. Love this stuff, if you couldn't tell.

Well knowing what I'm working on or what I want to do, can you pm me with a quote on everything? The only thing I don't have up is the negative block for the front battery, which is 3 - 8ga outputs, 2 - 1/0 ga outputs, and 2 - 1/0 ga inputs. Basically the same as the front fused distribution block but for ground so non fused. I'd be interested to know. Thanks!

I do have another note to share. My video camera I used for the Tablet video sux and I can't get it onto the computer. I have another route I may try to go to see if I can do it or not, but I may not be able to do it. I think I laid out everything pretty well without a video though. So if I can't get it to work and get it on here, I probably won't make another one. Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on with the video.

Damn I missed a lot how the hell did I miss all of this? Oh well all caught up damn you got quite a bit done very impressed with the work done so far can't wait to see this all dropped in and finished.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived