Mechman dual alt adjustable volt harness caught fire.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

So have any of you even contacted Mechman about this yet? It sure does make me feel a whole lot better knowing I am not the only one. Any ideas what causes this issue?

they told me to send it in so they can take a look at it. I offered to even send in one of my alts so they could take a look at it and make sure there was nothing different about it than theirs. I dont expect there to be its an iraggi.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yeah mine are Iraggi alts also.. I bought what what supposed to be 4 300a alts...turns out I got two 220s and two 320s. The 220s they said will be fine but the 320s he said will burn up in a matter of time, plus they only have like 40a at idle. They said they could build them into 270s for like $120 which is what i will be doing.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Ive been having a weird issue with my alternator from mechman not even charging my batteries, could be my car not wanting so much power though, im going to see what i can do about getting credit back so i can get a different alt for another car

system:

changes way to much...

It almost HAS to be a problem with the alts, don't it? Have you tried an external voltage regulator? Hopefully Mechman helps you get it figured out. But to me from the outside point of view, this does not look good on Iraggi alts. Actually I have seen a lot of people online have problems with them. Isn't that why Steve changed his out from Iraggi to Mechman???

Anyway, good luck, hope to see you get it figured out! :drink40:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

It's really bizarre that the lamp wire is getting so hot unless there is too much resistance? (edit: sorry it's the outside wire so not L just saw yellow and had assumed lamp)

It almost HAS to be a problem with the alts, don't it? Have you tried an external voltage regulator? Hopefully Mechman helps you get it figured out. But to me from the outside point of view, this does not look good on Iraggi alts. Actually I have seen a lot of people online have problems with them. Isn't that why Steve changed his out from Iraggi to Mechman???

Anyway, good luck, hope to see you get it figured out! :drink40:

1) Iraggi is done

2) Iraggi (Dom) ripped an assload of people off

You can't say ENOUGH bad things about Dom and Iraggi as far as I'm concerned. I had 3 alts die, 1 due to his OD pulley being too small, 1 because he had sand blasted the case with the damn bearings in it so there was sand INSIDE the bearings, and the third went up in a plume of smoke after playing it full tile for under 1 minute (I drove 2 miles, jumped on it for not even a minute and it went up in smoke literally). His dual alt kit didn't fit, he kept it, and didn't refund me for that or my belt not to mention the cost associated with shipping alts back and forth three times. Fuck him

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Is that the Lamp light wire or sense wire?

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Ami you have extensive knowledge on the wiring. My hoe has only 1 wire so its easy. My mechman harness works fine. Vcm took a shit but that's another story. On your guys years I'm assuming yellow wire is sense and white lamp? So why not just unhook blue and green. Meaning pull them out of actual plug. Also op take factory plug or avbm and plug it into 2nd alternator alone and see if it works. If it doesn't or starts to get hot then you know its the alternator

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Is that the Lamp light wire or sense wire?

It's P I think (looks to be far outside wire and if I remember right from outside in it goes PLIS), I just saw yellow in his video and assumed L (the stock harness's I have use yellow as L this one is obviously different).

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived