Sonic Electronix

okay i probably just fail at life, but every time i try to put my 1/0 wire into my amp, i can never get it lined up right and the wire frays (sp?). so i end up with loose strands hanging out of the terminals. then i try to pull the wire out to straighten some of the strands and ultimately end up making the situation worse.

so is there something i could put around the bare wire to make it a little more solid?

i was thinking maybe a 1/0 to 4 awg wire reducer might work, but i'm not sure if i would lose anything?

maybe use a ring terminal and cut off the end?

opinions, tips, etc. all appreciated

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

okay i probably just fail at life, but every time i try to put my 1/0 wire into my amp, i can never get it lined up right and the wire frays (sp?). so i end up with loose strands hanging out of the terminals. then i try to pull the wire out to straighten some of the strands and ultimately end up making the situation worse.

so is there something i could put around the bare wire to make it a little more solid?

i was thinking maybe a 1/0 to 4 awg wire reducer might work, but i'm not sure if i would lose anything?

maybe use a ring terminal and cut off the end?

opinions, tips, etc. all appreciated

Why don't you just snip off those loose strands with a pair of scissors? Lol

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Pull the wire and twist slightly at the same time. You are trying to make the outer strands of wire face slightly inward. Make sure that your cut was completely straight and not lopsided. When you put it in the amp, put the wire straight in, and twist the wire very slightly in the opposite direction of the twist (if the wire strands are twisted clockwise, turn the wire counter clockwise) to help ease the wire into the terminal without it fraying out.

It worked for me when I was doing 4ga wire on a 4ga terminal.

P.S. Your avatar is profoundly distracting LOL

One trick I learned is after you remove the insulation from the 1/0 take a thin piece of wire and wrap around it 2 or 3 times close to the end, hold it tight and insert the 1/0 into your amplifier (or ring terminal) then slowly take the thin piece of wire off. This trick is a must if your using a high strand count 1/0 gauge wire. Hope this helps.

Edited by lapaynem4

Kenwood KDC-BT33

Sundown Audio SAE-100.4  -  4 Crescendo Audio SC-650s     

Sundown Audio SCV-6000D  @  (.5 ohm)   -   2 DC Audio LVL5 M5 Elite 15s (d2)

6.45 ft Box ( Net ) tuned to 30 Hz  -   (  APM - 2  = 151.2 db  )

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4WD

Brand X 390 Alternator - XS Power PSC30 

XS Power D3400  (front)  -  3 XS Power D3100s  (rear)

Knukoncepts Kolossus Flex 1/0  -  SMD Meters  -  SMD Fuse Holders

Sky High Copper Battery Terminals  -  Amp Lab RPMC v2 

SPL Cartel Bass Knob  -  Toolmaker Copper Amp Inputs