Sonic Electronix

what are you opinions on planet audio

Didn't you make a thread like this recently? I remember someone asking if planet audio is good.

that was me i think

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

The planet audio logo just makes me wanna buy their amps. Probably not a good idea.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

I was wondering too!! Because Im bout to snatch some AQ HDC3 12's from a guy on SMD and I was looking at a Planet Audio BB2400.1D!! What about this? Not thread jacking but im just as curious as the OP!!

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

well i'm running their bb2 2400 amp at a .5 ohm and its holden up. down side are their cheap plastic mounting tabs. i ran their bb2 12's and they got stupid low. so if ya dont have alot of funds i'd say do it. i had a repair shop tell me that the guts are sturdy and can take a beating.

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

planet audio was great

in the 90's

and ive had some go out on me as well for no resone whats so ever just one day it says im no workie no more :P

Totally agree lmao. Planet now is absolute junk. no offense to anyone. When I remove there defective equipment I like to =@ blow em up :D

ima go smoke a beer and drink a cigarette

not gonna lie..yeah its junk.. ive had friends that had planet audio amps.. and they are nothing but shit.. my friend had a BB2400.1 big bang for no longer then a month and it went out on him.. all gains were set correctly.. save your money for something trustworthy..

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

I was wondering too!! Because Im bout to snatch some AQ HDC3 12's from a guy on SMD and I was looking at a Planet Audio BB2400.1D!! What about this? Not thread jacking but im just as curious as the OP!!

They seem to be really good amps. I know a guy who has 4 of them running 4 15's in the back of a tahoe. Without extra electrical, no wall, and no tuning whatsoever hit almost a 160 on a audio control meter at his first show. He is trying different 15's now and will be upgrading the electrical soon, so we'll see how his score goes up.

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

Very briefly; the older stuff was great. Some of it was ZED made...The newer top line stuff is ok, but better can be had for price, and even for a little cheaper possibly. The new entry level stuff is on par with the new Lanzar crap..lol

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Archived