Jump to content

How old were you when?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm with the king if Alaska, I don't believe you need alcohol to have the full highschool experience. And I'm from Louisiana, where it's expected and encouraged. I will drink every now and then, haven't drank since last August, so that gives you an idea of how much I drink. My friends who drink and party every weekend have either dropped out, been expelled, or kicked out of their houses. Doesn't seem like they are getting a full highschool experience :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Posted

Although there is some good debating here, no matter how you argue it won't change anything. Parents raise differently. Be thankful you even have parents for that matter.

I know I know, and I am thankful, I love them do death but sometimes they make me wanna rip my hair out ahhh!!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut.

It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line.

I kinda disagree with the second part, if you're not letting your kids go out and have fun with their friends I don't personally think that they're getting the full high school experience. And another thing is that when your kid goes to college and is the only one who hasn't drank before, he's gonna be the one getting in trouble and getting alcohol poisoning because he doesn't know what hes doing. And I'm not just spitting shit out of my head, I really think pretty strongly about stuff like this since it effects me and people I'm around.

so its better to get alcohol poisoning in high school? :ehh: makes sense... :nea:

BTW, it is possible to have a fun life without going out and getting drunk. and most people get to the point where they realize drinking and partying is not a great idea, childish, out grow it, etc.

No, not saying alcohol poisoning is good at all, but in high school if you're drinking and something goes wrong you're almost 90% of the time gonna be relatively close to adults who can help, while in college there wont be those kind of people you can always depend on. And to the finding it childish and growing out of it, ive heard of people doing it, but if everyone in my family can do it and be as successful as they are then I don't see a problem with it.

And again, this depends on a lot of background factors, such as where you live( I live in an SEC town..so it's expected), your family (uppermiddle class, all white, all masters degrees and 2 phd's in my dad's generation), and your family's background with alcohol ( we don't really have any alcoholics..)

So you HAVE to have alcohol to get the full highschool experience.. :bull:

My god...if you're gonna get all pissy about it why don't you go join these guys http://www.dare.com/home/default.asp , if you'll read the post right above you, or actually read carefully you'll see what point I'm trying to convey

LOL

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

I'm with the king if Alaska, I don't believe you need alcohol to have the full highschool experience. And I'm from Louisiana, where it's expected and encouraged. I will drink every now and then, haven't drank since last August, so that gives you an idea of how much I drink. My friends who drink and party every weekend have either dropped out, been expelled, or kicked out of their houses. Doesn't seem like they are getting a full highschool experience :P

I agree with you, like I just wish I could go out sometimes and just have a good time with my friends, have a drink here and there. No need to get shitfaced just have a good time.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

I'm with the king if Alaska, I don't believe you need alcohol to have the full highschool experience. And I'm from Louisiana, where it's expected and encouraged. I will drink every now and then, haven't drank since last August, so that gives you an idea of how much I drink. My friends who drink and party every weekend have either dropped out, been expelled, or kicked out of their houses. Doesn't seem like they are getting a full highschool experience :P

Yeah, some people don't know how to control themselves, eh, maybe they'll be gator hunters, swamp people is one of my favorite shows when I'm drunk hahah

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Posted

I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut.

It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line.

I kinda disagree with the second part, if you're not letting your kids go out and have fun with their friends I don't personally think that they're getting the full high school experience. And another thing is that when your kid goes to college and is the only one who hasn't drank before, he's gonna be the one getting in trouble and getting alcohol poisoning because he doesn't know what hes doing. And I'm not just spitting shit out of my head, I really think pretty strongly about stuff like this since it effects me and people I'm around.

so its better to get alcohol poisoning in high school? :ehh: makes sense... :nea:

BTW, it is possible to have a fun life without going out and getting drunk. and most people get to the point where they realize drinking and partying is not a great idea, childish, out grow it, etc.

No, not saying alcohol poisoning is good at all, but in high school if you're drinking and something goes wrong you're almost 90% of the time gonna be relatively close to adults who can help, while in college there wont be those kind of people you can always depend on. And to the finding it childish and growing out of it, ive heard of people doing it, but if everyone in my family can do it and be as successful as they are then I don't see a problem with it.

And again, this depends on a lot of background factors, such as where you live( I live in an SEC town..so it's expected), your family (uppermiddle class, all white, all masters degrees and 2 phd's in my dad's generation), and your family's background with alcohol ( we don't really have any alcoholics..)

we talking about going to parties and getting drunk or having a few beers or wine?

I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut.

It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line.

I kinda disagree with the second part, if you're not letting your kids go out and have fun with their friends I don't personally think that they're getting the full high school experience. And another thing is that when your kid goes to college and is the only one who hasn't drank before, he's gonna be the one getting in trouble and getting alcohol poisoning because he doesn't know what hes doing. And I'm not just spitting shit out of my head, I really think pretty strongly about stuff like this since it effects me and people I'm around.

Edit: school is still important and that was always what my dad preached to me...my only rules are/were do your school shit, be safe and no hard drugs(coc, meth, pills, etc.). Weed is less harmful than alcohol and don't get me started on that hah

I feel the same way, how am I supposed to enjoy high school if I can't go to parties which is one of the best things? if parents have raised you right you should be able to drink with them or without them and be responsible enough to not get shitfaced or not drive when drinking, like if i have one drink i'm spending the night at wherever the party is. If they are trying to keep us from making the mistakes they did how are we gonna teach or kids in the future to not make the same mistakes also? We have to make mistakes in life so we can learn from them.

so they should let you make the same mistakes they did so that you can learn to keep your kids from making those mistakes??????????

i enjoyed HS without going to parties. i did go to some, but i just never really cared about them and drinking was rare for me. i always thought HS was more about learning how to be a man. its your life, do what you want and what you think is best for you. dont do it because "thats what your supposed to do" or because other people are doing it.

and i know most teens wont agree with me or their parents or see things from that point of view, but i would bet one day you will see it differently and when you have your own kids you may think more like your parents than you thought you would. just be safe kids :good:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut.

It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line.

I kinda disagree with the second part, if you're not letting your kids go out and have fun with their friends I don't personally think that they're getting the full high school experience. And another thing is that when your kid goes to college and is the only one who hasn't drank before, he's gonna be the one getting in trouble and getting alcohol poisoning because he doesn't know what hes doing. And I'm not just spitting shit out of my head, I really think pretty strongly about stuff like this since it effects me and people I'm around.

so its better to get alcohol poisoning in high school? :ehh: makes sense... :nea:

BTW, it is possible to have a fun life without going out and getting drunk. and most people get to the point where they realize drinking and partying is not a great idea, childish, out grow it, etc.

No, not saying alcohol poisoning is good at all, but in high school if you're drinking and something goes wrong you're almost 90% of the time gonna be relatively close to adults who can help, while in college there wont be those kind of people you can always depend on. And to the finding it childish and growing out of it, ive heard of people doing it, but if everyone in my family can do it and be as successful as they are then I don't see a problem with it.

And again, this depends on a lot of background factors, such as where you live( I live in an SEC town..so it's expected), your family (uppermiddle class, all white, all masters degrees and 2 phd's in my dad's generation), and your family's background with alcohol ( we don't really have any alcoholics..)

So you HAVE to have alcohol to get the full highschool experience.. :bull:

My god...if you're gonna get all pissy about it why don't you go join these guys http://www.dare.com/home/default.asp , if you'll read the post right above you, or actually read carefully you'll see what point I'm trying to convey

Im not going to admit i have been shit faced drunk... Nor am i going to admit i have before ever drank alcohol cuz this is an OPEN forum and it is Illegal in the state of north carolina... I will leave it at this... I know what to do.... Eat before and drink water with advil... and space your shit out... THAT FUCKING SIMPLE... its what everyone centers around these days. ITS NOT HARD!!! the idiots are the ones at the parties that get alocohol poisoning Cause they dont know what to do. They want to impress everyone and dont know there own limits...

Im suprised this shit isnt locked yet cause this thread is technically illegal

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Posted

I was only 13 and my dad let me drink and smoke pot. Hell he was even gave me my first tattoo when I was 13. Back then I thought it was cool and I was lucky. But now im 35 and I realize how sorry of a parent he was. Now he's dead and gone and im fucking glad! So be thankfull your parents don't party with you! Its not as cool as you think. I have 2 sons now that's 11 and 13. And I would never let or introduce pot or alcohol in to there young lives. Im lucky I was wise enough to do better for myself and my own children. Be thankfull good parents are hard to come by these days.

Posted

I respect your opinion on Swamp People, but I hate that damn show with a passion lol! It adds to the LA stereotype, it's all scripted and made to appeal to people who have no knowledge or experience of Louisiana or our way of life. It's all doll'd up by TV producers to appeal to viewers across America, but it couldn't be anything farther from what actually goes on down here...

Sorry for getting off topic lol :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Posted

I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut.

It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line.

I kinda disagree with the second part, if you're not letting your kids go out and have fun with their friends I don't personally think that they're getting the full high school experience. And another thing is that when your kid goes to college and is the only one who hasn't drank before, he's gonna be the one getting in trouble and getting alcohol poisoning because he doesn't know what hes doing. And I'm not just spitting shit out of my head, I really think pretty strongly about stuff like this since it effects me and people I'm around.

so its better to get alcohol poisoning in high school? :ehh: makes sense... :nea:

BTW, it is possible to have a fun life without going out and getting drunk. and most people get to the point where they realize drinking and partying is not a great idea, childish, out grow it, etc.

No, not saying alcohol poisoning is good at all, but in high school if you're drinking and something goes wrong you're almost 90% of the time gonna be relatively close to adults who can help, while in college there wont be those kind of people you can always depend on. And to the finding it childish and growing out of it, ive heard of people doing it, but if everyone in my family can do it and be as successful as they are then I don't see a problem with it.

And again, this depends on a lot of background factors, such as where you live( I live in an SEC town..so it's expected), your family (uppermiddle class, all white, all masters degrees and 2 phd's in my dad's generation), and your family's background with alcohol ( we don't really have any alcoholics..)

we talking about going to parties and getting drunk or having a few beers or wine?

I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut.

It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line.

I kinda disagree with the second part, if you're not letting your kids go out and have fun with their friends I don't personally think that they're getting the full high school experience. And another thing is that when your kid goes to college and is the only one who hasn't drank before, he's gonna be the one getting in trouble and getting alcohol poisoning because he doesn't know what hes doing. And I'm not just spitting shit out of my head, I really think pretty strongly about stuff like this since it effects me and people I'm around.

Edit: school is still important and that was always what my dad preached to me...my only rules are/were do your school shit, be safe and no hard drugs(coc, meth, pills, etc.). Weed is less harmful than alcohol and don't get me started on that hah

I feel the same way, how am I supposed to enjoy high school if I can't go to parties which is one of the best things? if parents have raised you right you should be able to drink with them or without them and be responsible enough to not get shitfaced or not drive when drinking, like if i have one drink i'm spending the night at wherever the party is. If they are trying to keep us from making the mistakes they did how are we gonna teach or kids in the future to not make the same mistakes also? We have to make mistakes in life so we can learn from them.

so they should let you make the same mistakes they did so that you can learn to keep your kids from making those mistakes??????????

i enjoyed HS without going to parties. i did go to some, but i just never really cared about them and drinking was rare for me. i always thought HS was more about learning how to be a man. its your life, do what you want and what you think is best for you. dont do it because "thats what your supposed to do" or because other people are doing it.

and i know most teens wont agree with me or their parents or see things from that point of view, but i would bet one day you will see it differently and when you have your own kids you may think more like your parents than you thought you would. just be safe kids :good:

uhhh you got me on that one lol, but really my argument is if they think they have raised me right they should trust me to go out with friends, they don't have a reason to yet, they should know I won't make the same mistakes they did.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4865 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...