Electrical for 7k?

Any people suggesting electrical setups ever even ran 7,000 watts?

i know a guy thats running one 300amp iraggi with 12 xspower 16v batts.. hes running 10k rms just fine..steady 17.5-18v. Pretty good for one alt.

Seems to be a PRETTY convenient and common response...I know someone/My friend/I've seen...

TRANSLATION:

"No, I have never ran an electrical setup this demanding before."

Is that power clamped? Rise calculated? Even if power was true output, does this person have experience? Probably. Notwithstanding, single or dual alternator setup is not even a factor in question; your insecurity brought that up. My point is how many people have ever even played with a 7,000+ watt setup? I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe half..shoot, maybe even less. You yourself have decided to give advice on something you've never even done. And if I were the OP I would be wary of such advice.

OP: What alternator are you running? You want to spend as little as possible but want 7,000 watts. Those do not go together.

look him up urself then if u dont believe, its a21bravo on youtube, ive heard it myself

You have nothing to contribute and I am not going to sit here and school you and your friend WHO HAVE NEVER RUN A SETUP THIS LARGE. This has nothing to do with single/double alt setup, this has to do with people who have never done this trying to give suggestions based on:

Someone they know/seen/friend/best friends brother's daughters uncle's grandma...twice removed. I do not care if your friend/youtube buddy/random buildlog where someone else did it. I guess once watching a parkour video you guys will know how to do that too, yeah?

OP: I have run multiple large, high powered setups with 3 RF T4000s, 5 RF T4000s, 6 AQ3500s, and in the process learned the hard way frying amps, alternators, and burning subs. Team DC-Derrick has also run high powered setups, and even with his electrical (more than what the OP has) still sees massive drop. I have learned to spend just as much, if not more, on the electrical required to run amps purchased.

I would personally run a dual alternator setup with the largest XS you can fit under the hood, with an XS D3100 in the back. I can tell you, it would be easier to just buy a dual alt bracket than try to have one built, because that is what it sounds like you're trying to do. Call Mechman. Do not forget to factor in at least 2 runs of 0 gauge pos, and 2 runs negative.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Any people suggesting electrical setups ever even ran 7,000 watts?

i know a guy thats running one 300amp iraggi with 12 xspower 16v batts.. hes running 10k rms just fine..steady 17.5-18v. Pretty good for one alt.

Seems to be a PRETTY convenient and common response...I know someone/My friend/I've seen...

TRANSLATION:

"No, I have never ran an electrical setup this demanding before."

Is that power clamped? Rise calculated? Even if power was true output, does this person have experience? Probably. Notwithstanding, single or dual alternator setup is not even a factor in question; your insecurity brought that up. My point is how many people have ever even played with a 7,000+ watt setup? I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe half..shoot, maybe even less. You yourself have decided to give advice on something you've never even done. And if I were the OP I would be wary of such advice.

OP: What alternator are you running? You want to spend as little as possible but want 7,000 watts. Those do not go together.

look him up urself then if u dont believe, its a21bravo on youtube, ive heard it myself

You have nothing to contribute and I am not going to sit here and school you and your friend WHO HAVE NEVER RUN A SETUP THIS LARGE. This has nothing to do with single/double alt setup, this has to do with people who have never done this trying to give suggestions based on:

Someone they know/seen/friend/best friends brother's daughters uncle's grandma...twice removed. I do not care if your friend/youtube buddy/random buildlog where someone else did it. I guess once watching a parkour video you guys will know how to do that too, yeah?

OP: I have run multiple large, high powered setups with 3 RF T4000s, 5 RF T4000s, 6 AQ3500s, and in the process learned the hard way frying amps, alternators, and burning subs. Team DC-Derrick has also run high powered setups, and even with his electrical (more than what the OP has) still sees massive drop. I have learned to spend just as much, if not more, on the electrical required to run amps purchased.

I would personally run a dual alternator setup with the largest XS you can fit under the hood, with an XS D3100 in the back. I can tell you, it would be easier to just buy a dual alt bracket than try to have one built, because that is what it sounds like you're trying to do. Call Mechman. Do not forget to factor in at least 2 runs of 0 gauge pos, and 2 runs negative.

oh yeah i gotcha man. going with 3100's and ill do multiple runs of 1/0. and im considering 3 dc xl 15's. and can i buy one from mechman?

Well, you wanted to run the amps at .5 ohm each, I figured you already had subs and .5 ohm was necessary. If you have not gotten the subs yet, I would look to better wiring options.

Z0MG, BUY XS POWERZZ AND MECHMAN ALTARNAET0RZZZZ, JOO WILL BE AIBLE TO HANDLEE TURTY TOUSAND WATTZZ.

that is all.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Imma have same Amps . 2 3ks ... Im runnin one at .5 and i don't drop 14v full titl. So I believe I can stay above 13v with another 3k.

One alt...

I'll let u know whenever I get the other amp

i think you guys need a reality check going from 3k to 7k+

but you guys know it all....

yet none of yall are running it...

i am.. and can tell you, the extra 50-70a still wont help much going from my 200a to your 270...

i can hook a battery charger up to mine, turn it on 50a start, and guess what, still drops down to low 11s from 14... thats with me reving as well..

but go ahead, get another 3k, run your test and then when you realize holy shit im sitting at 11s... you will see

I never said I know it all . Just said imma

Try to see what happens with another 3k...

For now im the guy not dropping below 14v

I'm at 0.5 so when i get 2nd amp imma strap at 2ohms should be more effiicient ... And if I drop below even 13v imma upgrade eletrical even more. For now im super good not dropping :)

Just said imma let the OP know what happens to My voltage running the same amps, hey maybe the sundowns will be more efficient ... Weil see .

Z0MG, BUY XS POWERZZ AND MECHMAN ALTARNAET0RZZZZ, JOO WILL BE AIBLE TO HANDLEE TURTY TOUSAND WATTZZ.

that is all.

I can say after using Optimas and Kinetiks, Ohio Gen, DC, and Iraggi, I can seriously say my money will ALWAYS go to XS and Mechman. Not just because of the price, but because of the true performance, reliability, and customer service. It is what it is.

Well, you wanted to run the amps at .5 ohm each, I figured you already had subs and .5 ohm was necessary. If you have not gotten the subs yet, I would look to better wiring options.

nah i havent bought subs yet im still getting my money together. im considering strapping to 2 ohms instead of 1. that way each amp will see 1 ohm each instead of .5. i know ill still drop alot but i guess thats better than .5

I want an integra lol

I want one... hey wait a minute lol

haha my brother had a red one lol its was so fast. they are so light

well not if its for a system or if theres a wall....mine weighs 2600lbs before anything once i get the wall loaded with the subs i will get it weighed again im thinking it prob added another 500lbs

derecks is still more than mine

LOL mine is still faster than most stock civics LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived