Sonic Electronix

im going to be puting a 5000-6000 watt system in my 95' tahoe and i was wondering if i needed to upgrade my alternator or not. i did the math and its gonna draw about 380-390 amps and i was wondering if i could just add a battery or what id have to do. oh btw this system is gonna be for daily use and id like to be able to run it for quite a while 1 1/2- 2 1/2 hours without turning the rig on to charge. what do i need? :help:

im only running 1000 watts and i cant bump my system for like 10 minutes without dropping my battery below 12 volts. it is a walmart battery but it still wouldnt make it for that long with the xs d6500 that im gonna get. youre definitely gonna need to have it running and if you want to demo with it then you should rev it to get full output from your alternator(s).

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

im just running to cheap ass 15's 8 cheap ass mids and 8 cheap ass mids and the subs are runnin off a cheap ass quantum 1500 watt amp. and the mids are goin of a cheap ass 1000 watt from quantum.

GROUNDPOUNDERZ.jpg

i dont think its actually 5000 watts lol i just added up the amps wattage. and called it good. prolly did that wrong.

and thanks i found the big three link pretty helpfull.

GROUNDPOUNDERZ.jpg

Not even that... Yeah dude don't worry about upgrading, your fine! Still wouldn't run it with car off tho haha

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

ok kool thats what i was hoping im still gonna do the big 3 just caz it would help and i am getting a better battery i just wanted to make sure that was enough.

GROUNDPOUNDERZ.jpg

im just running to cheap ass 15's 8 cheap ass mids and 8 cheap ass mids and the subs are runnin off a cheap ass quantum 1500 watt amp. and the mids are goin of a cheap ass 1000 watt from quantum.

Well, we now know what you think of the gear at least....

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Yeah man the big 3 would be a good idea no matter what!

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Well, we now know what you think of the gear at least....

lol yea. im just getting this kit thing from outragous audio and then another amp and some really cheap mids. and highs. just lookin for sumtin to keep me going for a while. its like 800 bucks toatle for two 15's a box all three amps all 8 mids and all 12 tweets. plus wire lol its all crap but its better then nothing

GROUNDPOUNDERZ.jpg