I have nearly 7k in my build and have only achieved a 138. and that is COMPLETLEY sealed off from the cabin area. My stuff is set up almost liek a double bandpass box. But thats about to change. 4 jl 12" W7's going right were the back seats are going with about 8k of power, 4 yellow tops batteries, 220 amp alt, and a whole crap load of 0 guage wire.

That should hit a LOT higher than 138

The only reason it wasnt louder was because the sound had to come through a sealed off truck. Were my seats fold down is completely sealed off. Thats were my amp is mounted to for display. if it was open more than yes i would be close to 145 with a trunk box. With the new set up im hoping to see close to 150. I will start a build log next month when i have actually started the build. I am currently deployed for USAF and get back at the end of this month then leaving again in august for a week for some training then thats when the build will start.

I have nearly 7k in my build and have only achieved a 138. and that is COMPLETLEY sealed off from the cabin area. My stuff is set up almost liek a double bandpass box. But thats about to change. 4 jl 12" W7's going right were the back seats are going with about 8k of power, 4 yellow tops batteries, 220 amp alt, and a whole crap load of 0 guage wire.

That should hit a LOT higher than 138

The only reason it wasnt louder was because the sound had to come through a sealed off truck. Were my seats fold down is completely sealed off. Thats were my amp is mounted to for display. if it was open more than yes i would be close to 145 with a trunk box. With the new set up im hoping to see close to 150. I will start a build log next month when i have actually started the build. I am currently deployed for USAF and get back at the end of this month then leaving again in august for a week for some training then thats when the build will start.

My assumption porting through the rear deck and then................ failing just sad to see how high your goal isi hope you can prove me wrong.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Properly designed and tested enclosure > Overpriced underperforming name brand equiptment

Give me some swap meet shit and I'll show you 140's all day long in ANY trunk car out there. There may need to be some sheet metal cut out of the vehicle at some point to help do so, but none the less experience, know how, and determination will get you further every time then emptying your pockets on what your buddies tell you is the shiznit.

Also one of the best things you can do to help achieve your goal.... ask someone who knows and has been there before. Experience is the best piece of equiptment you can have.

this!!!!! x2 take some good advice

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

and i think your build is just confusing me? whats all that blue shit laying around on the floor and stuff?

and put some ring terminals on your grounds man, and grind the paint off of that shit, you need a good connection. i guess i dont see why you took literally EVERYTHING out of the car to do that install man lol

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

you have a shit ton of clean up to do.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Anyone else see te terrible grounding location on the sheetmetal attached to the rear deck?

Also, how hard is porting through the rear speaker holes in the rear deck? Should help your score alot. As for the pics, doesn't look like a lot got done. :shrug:

Anyone else see te terrible grounding location on the sheetmetal attached to the rear deck?

Also, how hard is porting through the rear speaker holes in the rear deck? Should help your score alot. As for the pics, doesn't look like a lot got done. :shrug:

lol i did... sloppy sloppy sloppy man

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

im not going to let you guys lower my goals i know what i want i want to cause havoc when i drive by

Im starting with 1500-1800rms to get things going.then im going to double it for around 3k rms once i get some more electricity flowing.

I hear you guy's and i have been paying some attention,so i know a 150 is not impossible.

For those that say my 150 is a high goal .

Im planning to get close at possible with a single 12/sub

hopefully around 145+db pushing it then im going to double the cone and the power hoping to pop a 149-150db

for the box im shooting to have the port firing into the cabin

for daily i have 35hz so i want to go around 30hz but for spl/goal purposes i might tune as high at 40hz to be decent.

Thats good man, Thats what every great plan starts with a goal, and no one can hate on you, or discourage your for that. You have my support just because you make it a goal and work towards it. In all honesty yes a 150 trunk is Definitely really hard to do.. but goals are not easy to reach so just work towards it man :drinks:

xs 2 on that. Ive seen haters on smd before but damn. Just remember when JFK told the world we we gonna put a man on the moon it was impossible at that time too. Do ya thang. Now i gotta finish looking at this build.. :good:

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..
peep the old rebuild log of the Lexus RX