Sonic Electronix

So today I pulled my HU out so I can plug in a extra set of RCA for my back speakers, in the process I noticed I pulled the remote wire out of the crimp that my neighbor made. It contained the remote wire out of the back of the HU, a red wires from the harness, and a blue wire that runs to the back for my amp. Since I have no crimps myself, I snipped each wire off a bit, stripped out some wire, soldered them all together. Put everything back, without doing anything else, now it wont turn on.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

For my system, I have a blue wire that connects to the remote and the red one, that I run to the back for the remote connection on the amps. I checked the amp, no power, the HU doesn't even light up. Checked all the fuses even on the HU itself and all are good.

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Red wire? That's accessory, the blue one I believe is a power antenna and the blue with white stripe is remote turn on for your amp.

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I don't know if the yellow is getting power, it is connected though. What I don't get is that I didn't disconnect anything besides the remote, which in the end I rewired all the wires that where originaly there.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

actually, yellow is constant, red is ignition, your wiring is ghetto as hell btw op LOL and jcon, he doesnt have this, but another blue wire could be for a power antenna. op, just hit the hardware store, and get some crimp-caps. make sure your fuse didnt blow in the HU and that you pushed the power button, lol. if that still doesnt work, make sure the plug is all the way in, and if STILL nothing, get yourself a walmart DMM for $10 and check around for the correct voltage.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

Red wire? That's accessory, the blue one I believe is a power antenna and the blue with white stripe is remote turn on for your amp.

Red is normally switched. Yellow is power.

Yes I got it mixed, I fixed my post.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

My dads on the way to check it out, and yes its ghetto rigged because when it was first installed I didn't have a harness, but wanted to put it together. My neighbor is a mechanic and also a great electrician, I'll ask him when he gets home.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm