Sonic Electronix

Few Discrepancies About # of Common Port Walls

I'm planning a build of 1 Fi BTL N2 18s off of two Crescendo BC3500s walled off in my truck, and I'm using the Torres Speaker Box Tuning Calculator. I'm wondering exactly what the "# of Common Port Walls" option means. I have about 52" of width to work with, so I'm looking for the port to be 50.5 inches wide, so it would span across the entire top of the box. I've been messing around a little bit with some of my options and I'm not quite sure what the option I mentioned is referring to. If someone could clear this up, I'd appreciate it.

Its how many outside walls of the box are also port walls. If you go side to side across the top, it would be 3. Top, left side and right side.

If that's the case, then why do I get the error message when 4 is input? What is stopping me from making a slot port that uses the the top, left and right sides, and bends at the back and continues down, therefore making 4 common port walls?

^^^ yep

just a little clearing up even though you are going to the back of it it is still only using 3 walls at that point now that i think of it its still hard to describe hope this wasn't as clear as mud

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

That would be 3 common walls my good sir, not 4. At least that's I believe that's what you are describing.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Its how many outside walls of the box are also port walls. If you go side to side across the top, it would be 3. Top, left side and right side.

If that's the case, then why do I get the error message when 4 is input? What is stopping me from making a slot port that uses the the top, left and right sides, and bends at the back and continues down, therefore making 4 common port walls?

That's still 3 common port walls that bend to another box side is still treated as one wall because you're looking at the port as a whole. You can only have 1,2, or 3 common port walls.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

4 common port walls would mean the whole front of your box missing. You'll be using 3 walls, top left side and right side.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Archived