what about if he uses audacity??and see how bad th e song clips

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Keep in mind that audacity will highlight a DC offset of just a few samples when you use the "check clipping" function. Even a really low note (mid 20s) can make Audacity freak out because it's such a gradual up and down motion.

Your best bet to see clipping is to play the song in Windows Media Player with the scope visualization on. If there is visible clipping (horizontal flat spots) in the bass line that way, then you may have issues with that song.

You could even more accurately see what your bass amp sees by first running a 100Hz 12dB/octave Low Pass Filter to the song and exporting it in audacity, then playing that file in Windows Media Player with the scope visualization on.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Anybody else realise that you don't have to use windows media player, audacity shows horizontal flat spots (clipping) too.....just gotta zoom in, I find it easier personally...

I really don't understand how to get it from windows media player, I am listening to songs with the scope visualization, guess i just dont know what to look for.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

An unclipped sound wave should be curved, like a wave, but in some/many songs there will be flat spots, mainly when the bass note first hits, those flat spots you see instead of waves are clipping.....use audacity, zoom in a fair bit, play the song you think is clipped and just keep an eye out for horizontal flat spots

\_/ \_/ \_/ <<< kinda like that ;)

K, I used WMP and with scope, was just one line across and it moved way to fast to see if there was anything.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

just PM me the songs that you want de-clipped. or msg me on facebook since i get on here once a week lol.

http://www.facebook.com/skylar.dunn1

i will work my magic on anything you want, for free. The songs wont seem as loud vocal wise, because thats usually whats clipped, the tracks will be as loud and clean as possible with out clipping.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/91886533b6d71e63/

take a look at that in audacity ;) go through some of my my old wall post, 5-10 clip free songs on there at least.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!