Second Skin Audio

AQ HDC312 Woofas

Trying to get some opinions on these woofers. Cant seem to find many complaints on them. What does the SMD group think? Are they comparable to AA, DC, FI, Sundown? Looking at the copper coil models. Do you think they can handle a low tuned box at 1k RMS daily??

Any input is great thanks!!!

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

A fellow local competitor swapped his out after last year. Yes they'll handle that power, and should even in a larger ported box. He was burping them on a powerbass 3000 each. However he didn't like the sq much even in lower tuning. He said he liked the american bass hd more when he swapped. I think both for sq and spl.

i have a AQ HDC3 18" copper coils on a AQ2200D @ 1ohm, box is 6.5cubes tuned to 32Hz

now when i orginally built the box it was for a DC XL, but im still waiting after 3+months :( so i bought the AQ for some Temp Beat but it will prob stay in there

it takes the 2200D like a champ,it digs down low and destroys the higher notes,

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

That sounds pretty good to me. I've seen a few of the HDC's in the lanes but not gotten to hear many of them or talk to their owners. Sounds like they are pretty solid woofer for the money. What level of DC would you compare them to?

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

That sounds pretty good to me. I've seen a few of the HDC's in the lanes but not gotten to hear many of them or talk to their owners. Sounds like they are pretty solid woofer for the money. What level of DC would you compare them to?

yup ive been beatin the hell out of mine and its taking it like a champ

clean power though amp is scoped, but well be getting a dd-1 as soon as there shipped out,but yea very solid sub

ive never owned a DC sub, but i do have a XL 18" on th way, but id say maybe a upgraded level4 or stock XL? im not sure though

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Due to the stiff suspension of the HDC3, unless you break them in over a long period of time, they don't like low tuning, but 1k on that sub is nothing.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Due to the stiff suspension of the HDC3, unless you break them in over a long period of time, they don't like low tuning, but 1k on that sub is nothing.

This.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

I put a little over 2500rms to my hdc3s i have 2 12s and im tuned to 31hz i run at full tilt everytime im on the e way i run them at full tilt for hours everyday(yes im always on the go). I am hard on subs and ive had these for over 6 months w/o 1 issue w/them i am verrrry pleased. im happy if my subs last a month lol (not joking) these subs impressed me expecially with everyone who tried an talking me out of buying them, saying the suspension would break or they dont like low tuning ect. Well they are loud and low i can play 20hz tuned to 31hz and i didnt loose the punchy notes or higher freq. Im on mobile or i would post some vids(unless someone knows how to post em mobile). I say go for it its deff worth it

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Jeremiah ledgerwood burped a 157 sealed on the dash of his explorer with 4 hdc3 12" on street C class using 4 DD z1 iirc, he burped a lot of times those subs without any problems, he also had a daily box for them abusing them constantly and he said he never had any problems, i haven´t try the hdc3´s but i have tried the DD 3512 wich is a very similar sub (unless we are talking about aluminum coils) , but anyways, i love those DD´s , if they are very similar, then yes, hdc3 are beast and can take lots of power without any problems!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/