circular saw

im looking for a circular saw for my build, it doesnt have to be the best or even close to the best but it does need to cut straight and be able to do angles....does anyone have any experience on that? i know you get what you pay for but i dont have hundreds to spend and will honestly only be building 2 boxes with it....any thoughts or advice appreciated. thanks in advance.

I used a cheap ass, half broke, welded back together Sears (not Craftsman, but Sears... this is how old it was) one for years... but I always used a straight edge with it, perfect cuts all the time.

Have you taken a look at pawn shops? I bought my first router from one, still have it and use it constantly.

If you had the $$$, I'd suggest taking a look at a Bosch 1677MD. I picked one up recently and couldn't be happier.

EDIT: If you have all of your cuts planned, you could always rent one... just another option.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Look for the Skil Mag 77's one of the better saws out there and have pretty much been the same for years. Look for them at pawn shops.

I recently bought a newer craftsman and it had blade walk like no other. Needless to say, It quickly went back

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Have you taken a look at pawn shops? I bought my first router from one, still have it and use it constantly.

man imma have to hit those up, been wanting a router but dont want to spend too much

i usually have lowes make all my big cuts and i have small 18v saw at home, it works

Just out of curiosity, I know I have almost every shop tool except the REAL expensive ones, but why not just have your local hardware store cut it to size? I think its only like between $.50 and $1 a cut. I mean...you said you'd only be making 2 boxes with it then putting it on a shelf, so $20 to the cutting or 250 to the saw used twice?

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

I have a Makita (in fact almost all of my box building tools are) and I LOVE it. It's probably 10 years old now, works like a new one still. Just be sure to use a straight edge no matter what you use.

But I have to recommend a table saw, makes life alot easier to me.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

well i had lowes do my last big cuts and somehow they were far from straight...i will deffinatly be using a straight edge with it no doubt....havent had a chance to make it by any pawn shops yes cause i live in the boonies and am about 60mi away form any...ill hit some up soon though....thanks for the help guys....

yea but keep in mind its better to do your own cuts apposed frm letting some one do them for you and risk the posibility of making the cut wrong and the in turn having your box all jacked up at least if you did your own cuts you will have the peace of mind knowing they are right and good cuts unless you make a mistake on them

My Build:Blazer Got Bass

HRbsD.png

Circlular saws are REALLY cheap now a days. It would be cheaper to buy one than rent one. And a stright edge will help your cuts.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)