2009 Honda Fit 30+MPG & Bass, Sundown, Skar, Pioneer, XS Power!

your whole build looks really clean, all wires strappped up, christ with the carpet up your wires make themselves scarce haha. one thing i am wondering though, i noticed you ran your rcas right next to power wire.. do you have any problems with noise?

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

your whole build looks really clean, all wires strappped up, christ with the carpet up your wires make themselves scarce haha. one thing i am wondering though, i noticed you ran your rcas right next to power wire.. do you have any problems with noise?

That's a car audio myth.

You have a bunch of wiring in your dash, some of which will cross your RCAs.

And if it does make a difference, its so small as to be virtually inaudible.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Actually the RCAs/speaker/remote lead are all in the center of the car, the power is down the driver side. But to answer your question, No I have no alternator whine noise.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

well the wiring in your dash is of alot smaller gauge and is drawing alot less current. so thats not the best of examples. and why would audio companies make shielded rca's? to sheild from the magnetic field created by the current, i dont mean to sound like a prick just saying, my first intall was rittled with noise so i can hardly see how its a myth, maybe i wasnt using shit rcas. and thats why.

OP i did see that, i noticed it was strapped to power wire in the back to clean up the amp wiring.

well the wiring in your dash is of alot smaller gauge and is drawing alot less current. so thats not the best of examples. and why would audio companies make shielded rca's? to sheild from the magnetic field created by the current, i dont mean to sound like a prick just saying, my first intall was rittled with noise so i can hardly see how its a myth, maybe i wasnt using shit rcas. and thats why.

OP i did see that, i noticed it was strapped to power wire in the back to clean up the amp wiring.

I'm going to vote you had other problems. I've seen several times over where people who have far more experience than I do state this, and my experiences agree.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

At the rear they come together for maybe a foot of total length, but as I said no noise at all.

I'm going to vote you had other problems. I've seen several times over where people who have far more experience than I do state this, and my experiences agree.

haha maaayybbeeee i did. actually yes i did the amps i was using sucked donkey dick, well no thats harsh they were good, back in their day 20years ago haha. i was using some pyramid amps which dis as you may they were good and put out good power for the small ass amp it was, anyways im pretty sure the rca connections have degraded on the internals. so ya i did have other problems.

how hard was it to do the head unit? my dad has a fit and is always bugging me to get him better audio but the way the head is in there looks knarly and he will want a near stock look for his car.

Actually the headunit is one of the easiest parts of the car to install the kits are simple to use and the metra one comes with good pictures, it will take you like 30mins tops to do a full deck install.

cool man thank you...ill let him know and see what he wants to do. ill show him this thread and maybe i can talk him into something cool...any recomendations on door speakers?

Archived