2009 Honda Fit 30+MPG & Bass, Sundown, Skar, Pioneer, XS Power!

Took a few vids today at a show since I wasn't competing. Best watched in 480!

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

nice clean build man! I bet its loud in that little car! Nice work man. I was always curious how those JBLs sounded.

I might have missed it but where did you get the volt meter?

Nice build! And good score!

x2 on the volt meter. Very nice looking dash you have sir.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

The voltmeter is from a local surplus store here in Orlando, BUT they do sell online and here is a link!

http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/digitalled20vdcpanelmeter.aspx

The voltmeter is from a local surplus store here in Orlando, BUT they do sell online and here is a link!

http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/digitalled20vdcpanelmeter.aspx

Excellent! Thanks a million.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

well the wiring in your dash is of alot smaller gauge and is drawing alot less current. so thats not the best of examples. and why would audio companies make shielded rca's? to sheild from the magnetic field created by the current, i dont mean to sound like a prick just saying, my first intall was rittled with noise so i can hardly see how its a myth, maybe i wasnt using shit rcas. and thats why.

OP i did see that, i noticed it was strapped to power wire in the back to clean up the amp wiring.

I'm going to vote you had other problems. I've seen several times over where people who have far more experience than I do state this, and my experiences agree.

its true, if you have a thick gauge power wire, it can cau`1seinterference n noiSE to come through rca's. specially if put thru a 4 channel amp tp some speakers, not subs. ive fixed it in an old stingray n i fixed it in my 73 dart. cheap rcas were my problem

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

Ok so I started to put in my damplifier today, however the day started off raining. So I put it off till it was clear however I was still only able to get the rear doors done before the rain decided I didn't need to work on my car anymore. Overall I am very impressed with damplifier it was very easy to use, easy to smooth onto the contours of the metal and very easy to trim to size. I went with around 25% coverage which is what Jon from Secondskin advised of course if it is not enough I can always add more!

Anyway on to the pics! These are in order from start to finish, only took pictures of one door as they are the same thing.

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

d6.jpg

d7.jpg

d8.jpg

d9.jpg

The doors already sound different a much deeper deader door when they are closed, cannot wait till I can get the front doors and rear hatch done!

Looking good! And glad to see you're going with 25% coverage on the panels. Doubt anyone would be able to tell the difference between that and one 100% covered.

Can't wait to hear the final verdict.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Did a small video on the sound difference of the doors with and without damplifier.

Archived