Second Skin Audio

im taking on my dads porsche build and i want a lightweight deadner, probably second skin... also id like to use as little as possible i dont want to do the entire floor and all the panels, so along with which deadner to use id like to know the best places to use the deadener? engines in the back so id assume id do the back tray and wall behind the seats.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

your best bet would probably be to use a layer of damplifier on each panel then put luxury liner on the back wall if you need more sound dampening

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

ill be watching this one close to see what you go with. i dont have a porche or even close but my older supra is a heavy beast as is and i wanna pull all the old deadner and use something very light to replace it since im already adding a ton of weight in the stereo dept...good luck and let us know how it goes.

what about that alpha damp. it may be heavier but apparently it can dampen a panel all in a small under square foot mat. the goal is not to go all out with deadner, being conservative on the deadner to keep weight down while using the deadner in the most effective way. the luxury liner is a mass loader so i was thinking not using it. i was thinking damplifier and some overkill over top. i know i posted this in second skin but the product doesnt have to be second skin, im looking for any lightweight effective non shit deadner.

what about that alpha damp. it may be heavier but apparently it can dampen a panel all in a small under square foot mat. the goal is not to go all out with deadner, being conservative on the deadner to keep weight down while using the deadner in the most effective way. the luxury liner is a mass loader so i was thinking not using it. i was thinking damplifier and some overkill over top. i know i posted this in second skin but the product doesnt have to be second skin, im looking for any lightweight effective non shit deadner.

thats what i would do. 25-50% damplifier coverage and 80-100% overkill coverage. you just want to put the damplifier on large flat panels. any contours will already have enough strength.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Damplifier would be your best bet at this point and time. Clocking in at .35 pounds per square foot, no other product out there can match it's performance to weight ratio.

Alpha Damp will probably be your second choice (when it's released). It will weigh a bit more, but perform better.

Just like what other people said, 25%-50% coverage is all you should ever really need but this is especially true when you are trying to save weight.

Of course I always like to ask, would you like a sampling of Damplifier and or Damplifier Pro so you can check it out?

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

i have to ask. is this sample free? if so then yes i would love a sample, I will probably place an order after i get back from vacation in 2 weeks after ive tried out the product. i have some dynamat left over too buttt ive just heard to many rave reviews about second skin.

i have to ask. is this sample free? if so then yes i would love a sample, I will probably place an order after i get back from vacation in 2 weeks after ive tried out the product. i have some dynamat left over too buttt ive just heard to many rave reviews about second skin.

Of course it's free!

If I can send samples to the middle east for free, our neighbors to the north isn't an issue at all. :)

Just PM or email me your address (check sig link for my email) and I'll get it sent off tomorrow. :good:

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

DECENT!

EDIT: yep i feel pretty stupid as i can see it says "free sample" in your sig *facepalm*. pm sent

anyways back to the concept of using overkill and damplifier. should i use overkill over the whole floor like most people do with deadener mats? of course the damplier would be under the overkill. haha under the over.

Edited by nickers