is this enough electrical?

thinking about running 2000w

2x 1000w amp not sure on brand and 8x 12s Street Duty SDC2.0 500w 250rms

its an 84 chevy G30 V8 350 5.7L full size van with absolutely no power anything, stock AcDelco casette radio, no AC "heater coil only", not even interior lights atm.

i was going to do BIG3, get a 140amp Powermaster alternator and an AGM under the hood, and all 1/0 wire

would that be enough power for now? i dont really have the budget for an H/O alt yet, but could prolly get 1 in the next couple months. might be able to afford another battery in back

system setup would be for daily, car cruises, and a bit of idle while working in the garage and

the most i would have the system on for would be maybe 2-3 hours at a time if that long per day

noone answers me so ill just keep posting new topics till someone that actually knows what their talking about helps instead of just being a dick about it :)

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

its not the best situation for it but temporarly it will be ok the sooner you can upgrade your altenator the better because 2000w will take a toll on a stock alt. and reposting the same questions repeatedly isnt going to get you anywhere there is a lot of information on this site so spend the time searching

thank you very much :) ive been trying to find an answer in forums for 2 days now and just kept getting crap from other people

ill be looking into a better alternator once i get more funds but the best i can get around here is just a "performance" stock alt, but i have seen a nice H/O 300amp+ alt for under $600 online so ill prolly get that soon as i can

Ps. i think i've been in the sun a bit too long today.. is 6 hrs in 94F too long to be sitting in a van without AC lol? prolly why im agitated, but thanks again for the info

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

your gonna need a few batteries too

soon as i can afford more ill be getting more, basically i just wanted to get it all hooked up for a month or 2 till i got a H/O alt.

if i can... besides the AGM under hood, ill get 1-2 more for in the back

i should prolly just wait and get that H/O alt since getting that 140 amp is actually upgrading from my 63A stock thats in there, but im only using about 15 amps of it since NOTHING is powered and the factory radio itself only uses a 1 amp fuse

and Boilermaker, ill definately get some pics up soon i get it installed

Edited by Grelko

soon as i can afford more ill be getting more, basically i just wanted to get it all hooked up for a month or 2 till i got a H/O alt.

if i can... besides the AGM under hood, ill get 1-2 more for in the back

i should prolly just wait and get that H/O alt since getting that 140 amp is actually upgrading from my 63A stock thats in there, but im only using about 15 amps of it since NOTHING is powered and the factory radio itself only uses a 1 amp fuse

Like Boiler said, Big 3, 140A alt, and the largest XS (or other reputable AGM battery) under the hood, you should be fine. You won't need a large battery bank or H/O alt for 2000w... And to whoever said he needs a H/O alt because 2000w will take a major toll on his stock, please stop spreading misinformation...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

ya, its not gonna be anything too fancy for a couple years, once i finally get around to putting in more ill read up ALOT on the H/O alts and upgrade my stock wiring? used to run a 1.5k rms in my old buick didnt upgrade anything but the batteries, not even the big 3, just had a 2nd battery in back..... well, i let a guy from the shop install it back in the day but it ran decent.

as for the van, i wasnt looking for high volts 16-18 etc just the normal no spl comps no burping etc, just jammin to some tunes nice and loud for now till i get it upgraded again

Edited by Grelko

its not the best situation for it but temporarly it will be ok the sooner you can upgrade your altenator the better because 2000w will take a toll on a stock alt. and reposting the same questions repeatedly isnt going to get you anywhere there is a lot of information on this site so spend the time searching

WTF are you talking about?!? Do everyone a favor, and don't post if you don't know wtf you're talking about... He'll be fine.

thank you very much :) ive been trying to find an answer in forums for 2 days now and just kept getting crap from other people

ill be looking into a better alternator once i get more funds but the best i can get around here is just a "performance" stock alt, but i have seen a nice H/O 300amp+ alt for under $600 online so ill prolly get that soon as i can

Ps. i think i've been in the sun a bit too long today.. is 6 hrs in 94F too long to be sitting in a van without AC lol? prolly why im agitated, but thanks again for the info

Hey, before going online looking for a H/O alt, give Matt at Mechman a call, XS Power, or DC Power if you're set on getting one... You won't be disappointed...

You need banned... Don't ever post again, until you learn more, and have real world experience... To tell someone that is just fucking stupid, so don't...

Take this into play:

Current = POWER (watts) ÷ Voltage

So, as a "guess"

2000 ÷ 14.4v = 139 amps of current draw

Or at a lower voltage

2000 ÷ 12.2v = 164 amps of current draw

Also you have to figure in what your car/truck draws to while running.

is this not correct if not please educate me

It's right, but he won't be doing 2k the whole time or probably most of the time really. From what your equations show, 164 amps is the most he would ever need. A 140 amp alt and a good battery up front should take care of that just fine.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69