Sonic Electronix

How to tell box tune with Ipod App or Comp. Program

I want to tell what my box is tuned at/what hz it peaks at without buying TermLab or anything expensive. I wanted to know if there was a Ipod/Iphone App or a computer program to do this. I have a 2nd gen Ipod Touch and IBM (Lenovo) T61 laptop if that helps. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was just curious what my box is actually tuned to, because when I made the box I tried to make it tuned to around 36-42 hz.

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

I want to tell what my box is tuned at/what hz it peaks at without buying TermLab or anything expensive. I wanted to know if there was a Ipod/Iphone App or a computer program to do this. I have a 2nd gen Ipod Touch and IBM (Lenovo) T61 laptop if that helps. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was just curious what my box is actually tuned to, because when I made the box I tried to make it tuned to around 36-42 hz.

You really need termlab to know exactly.

If you want a rough idea, download some sine waves specifically between 32-45 hz, play them individually and see which ones "sounds" loudest. It's a cheap free way to guess, and chances are you are close.

Now SPL and what "sounds" loudest are very different things....

So if you want street beat loud, try what I mentioned.

If you want SPL loud, spend the money on TL.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Post box dimensions and someone here can figure the tuning for you. Its simple, just enter the specs in Torres.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Post box dimensions and someone here can figure the tuning for you. Its simple, just enter the specs in Torres.

He knew what he tuned his box to, per his first post. He is asking of a way to verify...

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

he knew a ballpark range. imo 36-42 is a wide range. but to find peak, you'll need a TL. call some local audio shops, they may have one you can test on a while. may charge, may not. but at least you won't have to buy one

He knew what he tuned his box to, per his first post. He is asking of a way to verify...

He mentioned he "tried" to tune it between 36 and 42hz. That's a wide range, and that leads me to believe he has no set figure on the tuning. It could be higher or lower than what he was trying to achieve, we won't know until he posts specs...

Offtopic, Torres do you have a IPhone app in the work for the calculator? I'd gladly pay $4.99 or something of the sort for one :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Thank you for actually listening. I used the Torres calc to build my box, but after shortening a port wall, I am not too sure on how close it is to what the original calc said it was. I have used a sine wave program on an Iphone and it worked pretty well. The program had a "dial" on the screen and you could turn it clockwise/coutner clockwise to change the frequencies. Using this, I could figure out which Hz was the "loudest" to my ear and could tell a rough estimate of what it was tuned to. Thank you for confirming this. I wanted to know if there were any other ways.

PS. Is it possible to use a Iphone/Ipad to see my DB's? Some type of app to see what my SPL score would read.

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)