Sonic Electronix

So I'm in the process of re-doing my mids and highs. I finally decided on what speakers I want to use (Rockford T1652-S). I'll be using three sets of those (6 speakers 6 tweets) and Im trying to figure out how to wire it up, they are 4 ohm speakers and tweets are 4ohm I think too. So my question is what should I do for an amp? I'm thinking it'd be easiet to buy a two channel and wire them all together, but I dont know what the final impedance for wiring them together would be. I'll be using the rockford crossovers. Will this be amp work http://www.bostonacoustics.com/PDFs/manuals/GT_2ch_Man.pdf I know its a lil over powered but I've seen that crossovers take a good amount of power away too. I could be mis-informed. Any help or suggestions on an amp would be great. Thanks, Dan.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

that link is to the specs on four different amps so it doesnt help any.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

shit. My bad, its the gt 2200.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K

So from searching around a bit today it looks like I can get a 2.6 ohm load or .6, I'd run at 2.6 ohms. but if someone could draw up a diagram for me that would be great. Also if anyone else knows of amp that will do full range for speakeres at 2 ohm that'd be great!

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K

Ok so from talkin to irpirate on SMD here he thinks I should find a four channel and run active. The amp I'm lookin at now is the older RF T800.4 on the T1652-S still (6 mids, 6 tweets) I believe they are all single 4ohm, how about a diagram for that and crossover frequencies? I plan on buyin all this at the end of this month or early next month unless I find a steal on the speakers or amp. Thanks a lot, Dan.

Edited by Dan2427

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K

why not just use the crossovers that come with the t-1652s and use the bi-amp inputs? saves you from having to figure out crossover setups.

You can put 3 tweets on one channel, 3 mids on another, the other 3 tweets on a 3rd channel and the last 3 mids on 4th channel.

That would give you 1.34 something ohms a channel. Just find an amp that will do that :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ok do I put on full range or high using the crossovers that come with the speakers

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K