Trying to figure out what kind of helmet this is..

The helmet should be fine. The biggest difference is that the nose doesn't have as much strength as a full face street helmet. Basically don't smash face first into the black top.

Also I read a pretty interesting article once about how snell ratings can actually be a bad thing. I know many of you may argue this and if I find the article I'll link it. But the organization who wrote the article said that for snell approval the helmet gets slammed into the ground at some ridiculous amount of force before the helmet fails. But at that force your brain would still be damaged because of how hard it slams into your skull. Thus causing more damage than a more forgiving helmet. I swore by snell approval before I read that, now I am somewhat leery about them. A helmet is not worth cheaping out on though. The best deal you will find is wait til end of riding season and buy leftovers on sale. I scored a $350 helmet for $75 this way

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

buy a new one. I dont know about you but I dont know what kind of hygiene the other person had. I'm not about to wrap my head in something I cant vouch for. not to mention you dont know any of its history. I'll protect my dome with something high end.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Buy one with the face shield! Even at regular town speeds the wind you will pick up will not make you sweaty or hot. Also if you buy a decent brand helmet it will be properly ventilated to help reduce the heat build up. A few brands like icon, shoei, HJC

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Here in AZ I would have to wash a liner once month to keep it from getting ripe smelling. The nicer helmet, the better vented and more comfortable it will be. I'd never put an HJC on my head. They're heavy and uncomfortable, but that's just my preference. Go try some on new at a shop, and see what you like before you buy anything used.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You do know that a normal 'race' helmet will protect in a way a motocross helmet can't?

Going cheap on a helmet is not smart.

I'd say spend atleast 2-3k for protection, it's not like a car you know..

The better the protection the more happy you will be, trust me..

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.