Wow man nice catches. I do most of my fishing at the coast from the beach to about 20 miles out. I use to fish almost every weekend but 2 jobs have got me tied down now. I do a little bass fishing and then I. Fish for shad and rockfish a lot in the rivers here in NC when they are in spawning in the rivers. Ill have to remember to take some pics of the better size fish I catch and post them whenever I can get back fishing. I like the challange of fishing with very light pound test in freshwater from 2lb-8lb and then 8lb-12lb for rockfish. In saltwater fishing I like using 8-16lb depending on what I'm doin. Also use 20-35lb test for trolling reels.

Congrats on the weight man. Any of those catches citations? Or state records?

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Thank you 252. I also love fishing in saltwater. When you said Rockfish, you are referring to Striped Bass, correct ?

None of the ones I posted were records (just PB's ;)) but I did catch a line class world record, way back in the day, with a 16lb 12 oz Striper, on 4 lb mono. Got my name in the IGFA record book and a plaque and all. That was cool. That record has been smashed since then, but thats cool. Records are made to be broken.

I use nothing but braided line nowadays, and even though some of it is REALLY micro-thin, it's still 10 lb test, so it knocks me out of the running for any kind of line class records.

But that's okay, I could not manage without my braided line !

Hey, speaking of Rockfish / Stripers, check out this page.... An old buddy of mine who guides for HUGE Stripers ! This guy is da' man, for catching MONSTER Stripers ! :)

http://www.trophybassonly.com/id76.htm

Anyway, great fishing to you :)

Peace,

Fish

Wow man nice catches. I do most of my fishing at the coast from the beach to about 20 miles out. I use to fish almost every weekend but 2 jobs have got me tied down now. I do a little bass fishing and then I. Fish for shad and rockfish a lot in the rivers here in NC when they are in spawning in the rivers. Ill have to remember to take some pics of the better size fish I catch and post them whenever I can get back fishing. I like the challange of fishing with very light pound test in freshwater from 2lb-8lb and then 8lb-12lb for rockfish. In saltwater fishing I like using 8-16lb depending on what I'm doin. Also use 20-35lb test for trolling reels.

Congrats on the weight man. Any of those catches citations? Or state records?

Almost 17lbs on 4lb mono was feat in itself. If I can find my picture of the citation ill post it up. Its gotten lost in 3 moves but I'm lookin for it cause its nice to have. Also braided line is amazing in every way its even more abrasion resistant againt river obstacales and piers. Also you are correct I was talkin about striped bass but I just call them rockfish and whatt your buddy has done is unbelieveable I couldn't believe some of those pics. That one 60+ pound striper he caught had to be a record. I'm going to have my own line record one of these days. Ill be glad to see it. -james

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I mostly trout fish, haven't done much of that this year been so busy with other things.

Heres a 23" 3.25lbs native brown I caught earlier this year. One of the biggest natives caught in GA this year so far.

200607_10150138561786880_502151879_6562588_6274915_n.jpg

Yeah I know, I got the pirate eye going on, sun was right in my eyes.

Edited by 727Designs

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Most of my fishing is done in Weldon, NC and Atlantic Beach, NC.

@727: nice brown. I've never had much luck with mountain trout. Love fly fishing up there in the mountains though. Usuall head up there a couple times a year

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Thanks again guys.

727, that's an awesome Brown you caught there ! I don't do much trout fishing, as all we have around these parts are "retarded" hatchery trout. Thank God for these though... This is what our bass eat, to get so big ! I often throw lures that look like trout :) 8" to 10" long, and about 5 to 8oz ! Can't tell you how many X's I've over heard trout fishermen saying, "Look ! That guy is fishing with a trout ! Isn't that illegal" ? .....I just wish big bass were as easy to fool as some fishermen ;) LOL

"Wild" trout are just as awesome as any other sportfish though !

Great fishing to all of you guys,

Fish

Most of my fishing is done in Weldon, NC and Atlantic Beach, NC.

@727: nice brown. I've never had much luck with mountain trout. Love fly fishing up there in the mountains though. Usuall head up there a couple times a year