First motorcycle. Good deal or not?

In the long run you'll be better off to save another $500-$1000 and get a newer/nicer bike. Heck, you can always lowball some people who are priced higher. Someone may need rid of one pretty bad.

I actually did try that, I got some of the 5k bikes down to 3500.. It's easy especially at this time of the year.

750 is big for a first bike I wouldnt get anything bigger than 600 but the aside it sounds like a decent deal to me if it's been well taken care of

Agreed and 32k is a lot taken care of or not a streetbike isn't made to last its made to go and go fast

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Boston S60 6.5 components

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

Boston S60 6.5 components

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

No deadener :/

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

750 is big for a first bike I wouldnt get anything bigger than 600 but the aside it sounds like a decent deal to me if it's been well taken care of

Agreed and 32k is a lot taken care of or not a streetbike isn't made to last its made to go and go fast

...I've only repeated myself 14,000 times in this thread.

That is untrue. With the right maintenance (Not just oil changes and fresh brakes) these bikes can run as long as most cars. Bikes get a bad rap from people just buying them and beating on them then wondering why they are having problems before 10k miles. Those of us who actually ride, and take good care of our bikes will easily see 50k out of them with no issues. The blue R1 I posted a pic of earlier is probably flirting with 60k by now and still running like a brand new bike.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

That is untrue. With the right maintenance (Not just oil changes and fresh brakes) these bikes can run as long as most cars. Bikes get a bad rap from people just buying them and beating on them then wondering why they are having problems before 10k miles. Those of us who actually ride, and take good care of our bikes will easily see 50k out of them with no issues. The blue R1 I posted a pic of earlier is probably flirting with 60k by now and still running like a brand new bike.

agreed, equipment will work as long as some one maintains it... stop maintaining it and it will stop working...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

agreed, equipment will work as long as some one maintains it... stop maintaining it and it will stop working...

Thank you! I've tried to drill that through people in this threads head since page 1. It's not terribly unusual to see 70k-80k-even 100k bikes from people that actually ride and ride alot. Just have to take care of it and realize it needs more than oil, tires, and brakes when the time comes.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

I hate shimming valves :(

It's a breeze after you've done it a few times (Read as: A few dozen times). I can do most in a matter of minutes. Lol

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

I hate the math of it...and I like math. Guess it boils down to just being lazy with adjusting valves. Makes me so happy when measuring gap and they fall within spec :)

It's like anything else, after long enough it just becomes second nature. I've gotten lucky and still haven't had to shim them in my current R1 yet (20k on the cluster, but was -1/+2 since brand new so slightly less).

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

I've been talking to the guy for a while and he says

-2002 GSXR 750

-32000 Miles

-Runs great just out shop

-Over $1000 in parts plus over $1500 in extra mods

-Title is messsed up so I will sale with bill of sale and all paperwork I have

Says he needs to sell for bills and to get a truck.

I've offered him $2000, and he said when can I come get it.. I realize this bike is worth more than that, but what should I do? This is my first bike, and I don't know what to look for.. This seems almost like a steal.

3pe3oe3le5T65Z05U3b8725e3257ad7381fcc.jpg

you can get a 2005 gsxr 600 for around 3k to 3.5k. The older bikes ride allot different and anything 2005 and up will ride allot better. Its not a bad deal for the bike but I wouldnt get it IMO ...go for a 600.......I owned a 05 gsxr 600 and rode a 2010 gsxr 1000, 2005 cbr 1000, 2006 gsxr 750 and they all ride different. Main thing I noticed was the new the bike, the better the ride

3n43p43o25P65S55R4b879a5b3f388b7e1278.jpg

3me3ob3l55Z25U45X5b8799a9705dea45107c.jpg

He also said he has the mirrors and he'd put them on before he sold it to me.

Any input?

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Archived