727Designs Posted August 7, 2011 Report Posted August 7, 2011 He said the only other thing missing is the windscreen which he doesn't have. He said he thought they were about $40.. I'm still figuring out about this title though.. That didn't really catch my eye as much as it is now that you said something about it. A good screen like a Puig, Hotbodies, ZeroGravity will set you back a little more than $40 most likely, without being at the shop I couldn't tell you exactly a price. The title is what has me worried. Chances are if it was a simple thing like he just misplaced it that he would just filed for a lost title and got a new one (Sure it would cost him out of pocket, but the number of potential buyers would make up for it. No title scares people away for good reason). -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
TLEJ Posted August 7, 2011 Author Report Posted August 7, 2011 I'll try throwing him that number up in a couple.. He just now said I could ride on bill of sale and get a 45 day tag until I can get the title straight. He said he'd sell me the bike with all the paperwork and bill of sale.. Not sure what that means though. EDIT: yea it has me wondering now too.. I'm not really sure what to ask him about it, and I'm not to sure what I'm suppose to do about it.. Because I don't have a trailer to pull it around, so I don't know how I'm suppose to get it without riding it illegally.. Unless he could drop it off at my house or something, but he's an hour away.. We were just going to meet. EDIT2: He just said "I have the title and all paperwork but the guy before me never put it in his name and I can't get in touch with him. So all it needs is to be put in his name and it will be good. I have bill of sale where I bought it from him to prove it's not stolen or anything.
727Designs Posted August 7, 2011 Report Posted August 7, 2011 I'll try throwing him that number up in a couple.. He just now said I could ride on bill of sale and get a 45 day tag until I can get the title straight. He said he'd sell me the bike with all the paperwork and bill of sale.. Not sure what that means though. EDIT: yea it has me wondering now too.. I'm not really sure what to ask him about it, and I'm not to sure what I'm suppose to do about it.. Because I don't have a trailer to pull it around, so I don't know how I'm suppose to get it without riding it illegally.. Unless he could drop it off at my house or something, but he's an hour away.. We were just going to meet. EDIT2: He just said "I have the title and all paperwork but the guy before me never put it in his name and I can't get in touch with him. So all it needs is to be put in his name and it will be good. I have bill of sale where I bought it from him to prove it's not stolen or anything. Depending on your tag office it will be a real PITA. You'll need an Affidavit of Correction to show the original buyer (who signed the title) changed his mind... Thus meaning you'll most likely need his signature on the Affidavit (It's required, my local tag office has on occasion allowed me to get away without having him sign the affidavit, but you never know). What that will do will allow you to strike through his name on the title, and sign your name; essentially transferring it from the last titled owner, to you. If you need the guy who signed the titles signature you could run into problems finding him, and then having him willing to help you. Bill of Sale or not. That's in GA, and NC. I'm a licensed motorcycle salesman in both states. Not sure on SC. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
TLEJ Posted August 7, 2011 Author Report Posted August 7, 2011 Hmmm.. That just seems like to much trouble.. I'm probably just going to have to let this one go. There's got to be a reason he's getting rid of it.. I mean, idk.. I could be wrong and this could be a loss for me, but I'd rather not risk anything. I guess I'll just keep my eye out on craigslist and hope something can show up.
Team_DC-Derrick Posted August 7, 2011 Report Posted August 7, 2011 I got a R6 3 weeks ago for my first bike, and those are more than enough, and look pretty damn good in my eyes... that bike looks like its also been stretched, it was probably a drag bike, which is why it doesnt have a title... I personally would be weary, any decent bike 02 and higher, you wont really find for that cheap...... and no title, no dice in my eyes, i want title in hand when i buy something The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
jmilch Posted August 7, 2011 Report Posted August 7, 2011 750 is big for a first bike I wouldnt get anything bigger than 600 but the aside it sounds like a decent deal to me if it's been well taken care of My first bike was a 750, and I still own it. It was perfect for me. 600's seem wimpy to me for some reason. Everyone has one. Just my .02 OP- 750 would be fine, its more about how you drive it. And title less is why its cheap. I'd pass on it. Bikes hold their value. Mine is a 95, and I paid over 4K for it, but it was mint. Dealership said 4K was a great deal on it for what it is. Mine was a rare version of the ninja though. Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |
TLEJ Posted August 7, 2011 Author Report Posted August 7, 2011 Nice bike! How's this..: Black 97 CBR 600F3 with blue accents (rims, ring around gas cap, and grips) with 58,xxx miles. Daily rider and very dependable, not slow at all. Only problem is scrape on right side from being layed down but not all way up the side, only one plastic cracked. Not too tough of a fix. Title in hand. I knocked him down to $1500. I do realize that's a lot of miles.. Hmm
jakobebassbudds Posted August 7, 2011 Report Posted August 7, 2011 try to knock down on the Honda its a little high and don't go for the gixxer because not have a title is a bitch trust me 2 12ks and i dont know what to do build in the works!
jmilch Posted August 7, 2011 Report Posted August 7, 2011 Nice bike! How's this..: Black 97 CBR 600F3 with blue accents (rims, ring around gas cap, and grips) with 58,xxx miles. Daily rider and very dependable, not slow at all. Only problem is scrape on right side from being layed down but not all way up the side, only one plastic cracked. Not too tough of a fix. Title in hand. I knocked him down to $1500. I do realize that's a lot of miles.. Hmm Thats ALOT of miles. Sure my bike ran over 4K for a 95, but it had less than 6K miles on it and all the records, single owner... but 58K!!! No way man. Couldnt give it to me. Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |
CleanSierra Posted August 7, 2011 Report Posted August 7, 2011 I've only got $2000 cash right now to spend on one. I've got all the gear though. Thank you for that list of things to check, I was looking for something like that. I know what to look for on cars, but on bikes, I am clueless.. That's why I'm so skeptical about this purchase.. I'm just especially sketchy about the title issues. You're not far from my area, look on the Atlanta craigslist. You can typically find good older gixxers cheap. I'd highly recommend a full fairing SV650 to learn on, awesome bikes that you won't grow tired of fast. I totally agree with the full fairing SV 650 comment. They are great looking bikes and have plenty of GO for a first time bike. Wasn't 02 the first year that gixxer got fuel injection? I'm pretty sure the 600's got it that year, but don't know if Suzuki did the 750 the same year. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.