TLEJ Posted August 8, 2011 Author Report Posted August 8, 2011 I did, I plan on going to a couple shops tomorrow and seeing what I really like.. I just don't have the most options at the moment.
Namosh Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 That's what I did. I went to every bike shop around and sat on every kind of sport bike you could think of. I ended up with a 98 CBR 600F3 and loved it. The most comfortable sport bike and still a great performer. And LOL at misspelling BMW! My Ram Quad Cab Blow-through
CleanSierra Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I've never been a fan of the way Hondas turn(street or dirt). Suzuki and Kawi have, IMO, the best turning bikes out there. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
727Designs Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 New Ninja 250's are SWEET little bikes and can be had cheap. There is a huge aftermarket and racing support for them as well. I have alot of friends who run the EX250 class and say its honestly more fun than running with the big guys. Only downside IMO is the high RPM required to run highway speed does begin to take a toll on the engine faster than necessary. If you don't have much highway riding planned the 250 is a sweet bike. Kan-a-tuna's (Katana's) are nice bikes, just too bulky for my likings. They are extremely comfortable and good sport-touring bikes though. May make a great commuter for you, I just don't personally care for them. For a beginner bike I'd look: 1. SV650 2. EX500 3. EX250 4. GS500 5. Ninja 650 Also, you might find a good deal on an early 2000's CBR600F4i. Tough bikes, will run forever! I beat the crap out of mine and it took everything I threw at it, even a few hardcore track days. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
727Designs Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I've never been a fan of the way Hondas turn(street or dirt). Suzuki and Kawi have, IMO, the best turning bikes out there. Kawi's are probably the worst handling sportbikes stock. My F4i handled GREAT, and the new RR's handle awesome. Suzuki is ehhh, great power but just not my style in he turns. Yamaha has the handling figured out. Of course none of your early 2000's bikes will handle as well as any of the newer sportbikes. Also tires/tire psi/tire temp, and rider have ALOT to do with handling; and everyone has their own personal preference. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
jmilch Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 Nice bike! How's this..: Black 97 CBR 600F3 with blue accents (rims, ring around gas cap, and grips) with 58,xxx miles. Daily rider and very dependable, not slow at all. Only problem is scrape on right side from being layed down but not all way up the side, only one plastic cracked. Not too tough of a fix. Title in hand. I knocked him down to $1500. I do realize that's a lot of miles.. Hmm Thats ALOT of miles. Sure my bike ran over 4K for a 95, but it had less than 6K miles on it and all the records, single owner... but 58K!!! No way man. Couldnt give it to me. ...You obviously don't know your old CBR's. Those bikes where designed to run for hundreds of thousands of miles. If it was taken care of I wouldn't hesitate to hop on it for a nice long trip. Also you said 600's seem wimpy to you? You're ZX7R has 108hp at the crank stock, and is 452lbs dry. A 2006 ZX6R is 114hp (Some specs even say 130hp for the Canadian models) at the crank, and 401 lbs dry. So 6 more hp, and 50 less lbs. Actually I hate to correct you but mine is Dyno'd over 165 hp at the wheels with the mods and jetting, and believe me, it runs anything near the year hands down. I've smoked many "new" 600's lately. Not to mention everyone and their brother owns a 600. So I knew someone would be butt hurt. Would you like a link to my bike? Granted my ride has some custom work done to it, and full custom headed MUZZY hollow push exhaust with some other work done, a different crank and plenty of tuning and carb work, but it will rape a 600 even with 50 extra pounds. And stock my bike arrived with 138hp, I have the dealership paperwork. So do your research before trash someone's ride. And I am sorry dude, 58k on ANY BIKE is a bad idea. Look at the pics! That bike is TORE UP even for 1500. Its a complete mess. Don't point the OP in the wrong direction. Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |
CleanSierra Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 My cousin has a newer 250R ninja and he loves it. He lives In a really rural area in Indiana, and it suits him. Kawasaki has done a real good job making that 250 look like the bigger 600. The rear tire is the big giveaway that it's a small bike, and general size. He(my cousin) bought his from the dealership new for like $2995 I think. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
jmilch Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 My cousin has a newer 250R ninja and he loves it. He lives In a really rural area in Indiana, and it suits him. Kawasaki has done a real good job making that 250 look like the bigger 600. The rear tire is the big giveaway that it's a small bike, and general size. He(my cousin) bought his from the dealership new for like $2995 I think. They arent bad for first bikes but people usually grow out of them fast. They are actually the number one selling bike in the USA! Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |
727Designs Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 Nice bike! How's this..: Black 97 CBR 600F3 with blue accents (rims, ring around gas cap, and grips) with 58,xxx miles. Daily rider and very dependable, not slow at all. Only problem is scrape on right side from being layed down but not all way up the side, only one plastic cracked. Not too tough of a fix. Title in hand. I knocked him down to $1500. I do realize that's a lot of miles.. Hmm Thats ALOT of miles. Sure my bike ran over 4K for a 95, but it had less than 6K miles on it and all the records, single owner... but 58K!!! No way man. Couldnt give it to me. ...You obviously don't know your old CBR's. Those bikes where designed to run for hundreds of thousands of miles. If it was taken care of I wouldn't hesitate to hop on it for a nice long trip. Also you said 600's seem wimpy to you? You're ZX7R has 108hp at the crank stock, and is 452lbs dry. A 2006 ZX6R is 114hp (Some specs even say 130hp for the Canadian models) at the crank, and 401 lbs dry. So 6 more hp, and 50 less lbs. Actually I hate to correct you but mine is Dyno'd over 165 hp at the wheels with the mods and jetting, and believe me, it runs anything near the year hands down. I've smoked many "new" 600's lately. Not to mention everyone and their brother owns a 600. So I knew someone would be butt hurt. Would you like a link to my bike? And stock my bike arrived with 138hp, I have the dealership paperwork. So do your research before trash someone's ride. And I am sorry dude, 58k on ANY BIKE is a bad idea. Look at the pics! That bike is TORE UP even for 1500. Its a complete mess. Don't point the OP in the wrong direction. LOL Bullshit on 165whp out of that bike. I work at a custom bike shop, we do dyno tuning EVERY day and I've seen new liter bikes not make that. Hell a 2011 GSXR750 bone stock doesn't even break 120whp in A mode. Here's the after sheet (Full Yoshi, PC5, Dyno tune): You're dealership paperwork is full of shit. Lol. There was NO bike making 140hp in 1995. When the Hayabusa first came out in 1999 it was only claimed 170hp at the crank, and you're no where near Busa power. You don't know old CBR's. I never told him it was a good buy, but I said 58k is nothing for that bike and I meant it. My old CBR has over that now and I beat the fuck out of it, tracked it several times, and just didn't care for it at all. A few local guys have 100k+ on F3 CBR's and still ride them all over the country. If you don't know what you're talking about learn to keep your mouth shut. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
CleanSierra Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I've never been a fan of the way Hondas turn(street or dirt). Suzuki and Kawi have, IMO, the best turning bikes out there. Kawi's are probably the worst handling sportbikes stock. My F4i handled GREAT, and the new RR's handle awesome. Suzuki is ehhh, great power but just not my style in he turns. Yamaha has the handling figured out. Of course none of your early 2000's bikes will handle as well as any of the newer sportbikes. Also tires/tire psi/tire temp, and rider have ALOT to do with handling; and everyone has their own personal preference. It's amazing how everyone has their preferences. I never have felt real comfortable on a Honda. They are VERY well built bikes and a pleasure to work on compared to Suzukis. What did you ride on dirt? What was your setup for motocross? Sorry for thread jack.... Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.