Sundown Audio

amp help

MACnonsence6

my ap1800 all of the sudden starts going in and out of protection really rapedly. im able to hear the amp clicking on and off. going in and out of protect. the amps always been hooked up correctly ran 4g + and 4g- because i was only running the amp at a 2ohm load and i didnt have 1/0 wire. voltage is never under 12 during driving at idle it barly dips below 12. the only change thats happend recently that might have caused this is i added lead extentions to the stock ones cause i made them to tight when i first put the recone in perhaps they were to long and might have touched but the amp has protection for that. any ideas what could have causes this or what would fix it. i took the amps cover off and nothings fried burned nothing.

any ideas or opinions

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

its 10 years old i rather just fix it instead of paying a good deal more for another one

board says 08,04,01

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

its 10 years old i rather just fix it instead of paying a good deal more for another one

board says 08,04,01

wouldnt it be smarter to pay for new equipment instead of paying more to get older equipment repaired?

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

the fastest way to narrow it down is to hook up a different load to the amp (another sub) and see what happens. If clears up then it might be your sub. If not, then do what C-Fizzy says.

Good luck :drinks:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

idk i just kinda hate to see it go to waste i would like to get my hands on a cheater amp or something that can do 2k down to .25 ohm

anyone know of something that can do that power that low

the fastest way to narrow it down is to hook up a different load to the amp (another sub) and see what happens. If clears up then it might be your sub. If not, then do what C-Fizzy says.

Good luck :drinks:

it does this with no load to the amp or any rcas plugged in

where should i start to trouble shoot and find out whats wrong with my amp

anyone know where i could find scematics for it?

Archived