why must parents lie so much

Alright this thread is depressing, but I can't help but read it. Seriously from what alot of the people post in here, it sounds like your parents were just assholes all together. Yeah, they gave you life, but that doesn't mean they should take advantage of you and treat you like shit. I have a great relationship with my parents (including my stepmom that has been actively engaged in my life since I was 4) and they didn't bulldoze me and make me screw up my future (like be forced to drop out of school so they can live off your income) to make me understand life.

Is there anyone on the forum that just kinda grew up in a normal suburban home on here? Just normal family drama, working part time, and focusing on your education. Or here's a curveball...your parents actually help you out with college so you can be successful, too? Mine did. I'm grateful for every penny of the plusloan they took out to get me into VCU since my FAFSA would not cover everything. I guess I'm just a spoiled asshole too to think that my parents have been kind, generous, and actually gave a shit about how I felt about my life.

kinda how mine is. my parents worked there asses off to get steady jobs and keep them, both are about to retire with the same job they had as there first out of college. (both 21+ years) they dont hand me shit on a silver plater, i work part time and pay for all my own shit (especially audioz).

in reality, it is kinda fucked up they gave you a what they did, but hey, almost everyone's first car is not the best. it will make you proud if you make something of it and get to look back and see how far it has come.

find a junk yard, get some cheap new looking/decent parts and put the car back together, as far as A/C, idk.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Alright this thread is depressing, but I can't help but read it. Seriously from what alot of the people post in here, it sounds like your parents were just assholes all together. Yeah, they gave you life, but that doesn't mean they should take advantage of you and treat you like shit. I have a great relationship with my parents (including my stepmom that has been actively engaged in my life since I was 4) and they didn't bulldoze me and make me screw up my future (like be forced to drop out of school so they can live off your income) to make me understand life.

Is there anyone on the forum that just kinda grew up in a normal suburban home on here? Just normal family drama, working part time, and focusing on your education. Or here's a curveball...your parents actually help you out with college so you can be successful, too? Mine did. I'm grateful for every penny of the plusloan they took out to get me into VCU since my FAFSA would not cover everything. I guess I'm just a spoiled asshole too to think that my parents have been kind, generous, and actually gave a shit about how I felt about my life.

'

no but most of us have had things alot tougher than that. most of us were instilled iwth the help yourself attitude and if we wanted something we busted our ass to get it. Its pretty fucked up to take a gift like that and shit all over it. Sure it may not be the nicest or the best but I know when i was in school and a teenager Id have sold my soul for wheels of any kind. Maybe they did it as a lesson. Maybe they wanted him to fix it up so that way he appreciated it more. He may only have one seat but Ill bet he's driving to school and not riding his bike or takign the bus like hundreds of other kids in his grade are.

Lol I FORGOT ABOUT THE ONE SEAT! I know he's probably pissed at that, but I find it kinda funny. He could probably pick up another passenger/rear seat from the junk yard pretty cheap. And Febreeze the hell outta them.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

My first car was given to me by my grandfather. I pay my own insurance, not on my parents plan...

all my other cars i paid for.

I can see how you're disappointed but if you dont like the car then use it to get to your job and buy one you like.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Can we lock this? I hate the stupid topics this guy puts up. You have parents and got a car. Alot of people dont have either. And your 17. Your first car is supposed to be a piece. Thats just how it happens.

(Maybe your a sucky driver and they didnt trust you with a nice Silverado......)

lock it then. its not like im trying to bribe for a contest or anything like that. other people rant on here and i get my ass chewed out well that's fine. i wasn't trying to sound ungrateful but i have temper issues ok. well I'm sorry there. I'm sorry for wasting people's time and I'm sorry for ever getting into car audio if people are gonna bitch about what i do.

I AM NOT PERFECT i don't claim to be nor will i ever. so that's all and go ahead chew my ass out some more.

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Looks like you taking it up the butt dry from everyone on here lol.

Here's my two cents worth. I 100% agree with you on the fundamental level that you seem to be upset. They lied to you. Of all the people that you should feel safe to rely on and trust, it should definitely be your parents. Sorry they chose to make a selfish decision to go back on what they said. They apparently do not value honesty.

You have it harder than I did. My parents don't make 170k combined, but still provided everything for me, including a car. Even though it is not the nicest ever, I have made the best of it and have made it mine. I'm appreciative for what I get. You'll just have to accept the car you've been given.

Try this. Get pumped about having a car. No more walking to work or school. You have transportation for you and your buddies. And you also have a ride to work on. Fix that POS front bumper, and any other damage yourself. Then, WALL THAT BITCH and put some 18's in it. Seriously, it's an ordinary car, so make it special.

There's so much more I could say because I'm long winded, but just do what you can with it. One day, you'll be on your own making your own decisions and paving your own roads. Just try to maintain a healthy relationship with your parents. I can vouche for this from my own personal experiences. You will need them even as an adult.

PS: I turn 18 in 3 days. I'm not much older than you. So don't think of me as an adult preaching to you. I'm your equal.

Has it occured to either of you spoiled brats that quite possibly when they told you that,that was their intention.Things change,maybe after careful concideration they decided it just wasnt in their budget to buy Mom a new car and give you hers?Things happen in ADULT life that are sometimes beyond our control.Sometimes plans are made that have to be changed because of life happening.I highly doubt when they told you that you would get Moms Silverado that they were going to buy you some cheap car.

You have alot to learn about grown up life.

what was supposed to happen was. i would get the silverado, my mom would drive the avalanche and when it was payed off in two years she would get a new car. my dad dosent need a vehicle because he has a company vehicle and he has his El Camino. so that's how it was gonna work. thats what everyone agreed on

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Truth hurts. We all go through a rebellious stage, but it makes you a better person. Trust me. I'm 26. When I was younger, my parents told me about santa, I believed in him. Years later they told me the truth about him and I hated them for lying. Now I have a son, he believes in santa. Am I a bad parent? Fuck no. A time comes when you need to grow up. Just saying. Nothing in this world is guaranteed.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

'

no but most of us have had things alot tougher than that. most of us were instilled iwth the help yourself attitude and if we wanted something we busted our ass to get it. Its pretty fucked up to take a gift like that and shit all over it. Sure it may not be the nicest or the best but I know when i was in school and a teenager Id have sold my soul for wheels of any kind. Maybe they did it as a lesson. Maybe they wanted him to fix it up so that way he appreciated it more. He may only have one seat but Ill bet he's driving to school and not riding his bike or takign the bus like hundreds of other kids in his grade are.

Epic...

Epic...

EPIC

I read this whole thread and cant believe the replies. Im in the "AT LEAST THEY BOUGHT YOU SOMETHING" category, Because @ 17 I had 2 jobs,bought my own car, AND paid all the utilities in the household.

To those of you who had the benefits of having parents "take care of you" Consider yourselves LUCKY....Not all of us have that commodity.

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

All i read was the first page and last post.

You know the biggest difference i see between Latino families and other races families is that the latinos are close to their family. I can't remember the last time i met a latino person who said "MY PARENTS LIED TO ME ABOUT GETTING ME A CAR AND I WANT TO LIVE IN A STORAGE BIN."

WTF?!?

Kids are too spoiled these days.

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

Don't know if this is posted since I only read the 1st page but, I thought of this when he was talking about his dad getting nice cars, and him getting a POS.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived