Second Skin Audio

downsize: good deal?

http://ksu.craigslist.org/ele/2528852753.html heres what im lookin at and currently i have a 15" obsidian audio d4 wired to 2 ohm on a mtx jh600 and no lie it's loud as shit, too loud so my plan is to sell my current setup and downsize but still have a little money. so my question is, do these kicker and jl combo sound ok for the price? i know i will have to get a bigger amp and make a better box but i can sell/trade the jl for something better

edit:the guy says the amp is perfect but the subs are dual 4 and at 4ohms the amp only runs like 350w rms

Edited by Hertz_dont_it

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

If the subs are dual 4 ohm, you can wire them down to 2 ohm

Two D4 cannot be wired to 2ohm.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

lol went from asking if this was a good deal to discussion on ohm wiring, i knew what i was able to do i checked before i posted

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

Well the final impedance loads you can get ties into whether or not this is a good deal. I would personally pass on it.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Why would you want to downgrade??? Are you getting too old for this??? Lol

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Insted of getting rid of your current set up. Why don't you just turn the gain on the amp down a litte bit?

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

Haha or turn your hearing aids down

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead