First speeding ticket.

Guys, I got a ticket this morning for 61 in a 45. The officer told me that since I have no priors, the judge will most likely let me opt for driving school and have it dropped from my record.

I have to appear in court in a month for it, and would just like some advice. Like, how bad is court when I go? What do I need to do/bring? Obviously I need to be dressed in presentable "court" attire.

Other than that, any advice?

Thanks in advance.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Well around here lawyer get you out of about anything.. lol I got mine changed to "Defective equiptment".

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

Be cool, take him cookies, and compliment his hair?

Traffic court isn't anything to be worried about. Go in he will usually reduce speed sonno points go on lisence. You pay fine and our do driving school ( usually more expensive )

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Turn off your phone! Look good! Judge the judges personality, if they seem cool joke a bit and smile (especially if it's a slightly younger woman) and if the judge seems like a stiff just be as respectful as possible, use correct grammar and don't slouch!

And my first speeding ticket I got arrested haha so be grateful.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Thanks guys. Another thing. If I do driving school and it gets dropped from my record, would my insurance still go up? Or is that dependent on the insurance company's policies entirely?

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Thanks guys. Another thing. If I do driving school and it gets dropped from my record, would my insurance still go up? Or is that dependent on the insurance company's policies entirely?

If you go to driving school it will get dropped. Make sure you turn in all the correct paperwork yourself tho. Once the point is dropped your insurance will not go up. But it may go up if you dont remove the point before its time for you to pay your premium.

Just had this happen... i was going like 55 in a 25 haha

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

If you go to driving school it will get dropped. Make sure you turn in all the correct paperwork yourself tho. Once the point is dropped your insurance will not go up. But it may go up if you dont remove the point before its time for you to pay your premium.

Just had this happen... i was going like 55 in a 25 haha

Good, thanks a ton!

I was freaking out. I had literally JUST pulled out of my driveway, and decided I wanted just gun it. And me, being the smart person that I am, decided I would do this around a blind curve. Normally, there are no cops on my road, but not today. State troopers passes me, and whips a quick u-turn. Looked down, and was 61, in a 45. I start FREAKING OUT because I had always heard 15 over was reckless in VA. When I got home, I checked it, it's 20, so I was 4 shy of that. That's good.

I'm still a little freaked out, as I haven't old my parents yet. (they aren't home) I'm only 17, and they pay insurance. They told me I'll have to pay the difference if I cause the insurance go up, and I currently don't have a job (Just recently got laid off by the lying ass Radioshack here...)

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Good, thanks a ton!

I was freaking out. I had literally JUST pulled out of my driveway, and decided I wanted just gun it. And me, being the smart person that I am, decided I would do this around a blind curve. Normally, there are no cops on my road, but not today. State troopers passes me, and whips a quick u-turn. Looked down, and was 61, in a 45. I start FREAKING OUT because I had always heard 15 over was reckless in VA. When I got home, I checked it, it's 20, so I was 4 shy of that. That's good.

I'm still a little freaked out, as I haven't old my parents yet. (they aren't home) I'm only 17, and they pay insurance. They told me I'll have to pay the difference if I cause the insurance go up, and I currently don't have a job (Just recently got laid off by the lying ass Radioshack here...)

Haha me too! but i actually went like 28 over the speed limit and in CA once you go 25 or over your no longer eligible for driving school. But the best thing to do is go to the judge. Automatically reduces and made me eligible for school. Just be nice and respectful and hope she/he is in a good mood haha. get there early!!!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Makes me happy that you're taking this ticket like a man unlike most others who post topics about being ticketed. All the advice given above is the only advice I could give you. Good to have another respectful member here. It's only a speeding ticket, don't lose any sleep over it as it will be over with before you know it. Good luck mane, and take it easy on the pedal :drinks:

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Makes me happy that you're taking this ticket like a man unlike most others who post topics about being ticketed. All the advice given above is the only advice I could give you. Good to have another respectful member here. It's only a speeding ticket, don't lose any sleep over it as it will be over with before you know it. Good luck mane, and take it easy on the pedal :drinks:

Yeah, I'm not gonna blow over a cop doing their job, while I was being stupid.

The only part I see myself "losing sleep" over is telling my parents. I know they're gonna be pissed, but being under 18, I can't hide it from them since they have to go to court with me.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived