First speeding ticket.

I got caught like 3 days ago doing 78 in a 45....

He only wrote me 54 though because he said if he did 78 id have to go to court. So I was grateful.

The next day my cousin got a ticket for 77 in a 75.... His ticket was 203$ and my ticket was $131.

I was stunned... Court isn't that bad though. If its a laid back judge, pull the guilt trip. And I mean literally laid back as in he is just kinda slouched in his chair. I have had a few like that. But if he is tough. Then be honest tell him you realize you made a mistake. You CAN say it wont happen again...but imagine how many times he hears that.

You also get to see like 3 people in front of you, to know how it goes with that judge.

Usually its pretty quick.

Cops gotta get money too :shrug: past few days I have been using cruise control and my gas mileage went up by like 8mpg LOL.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

U don't have to look stupid by wearing a tie and full funeral suit, its a room full of people, he explains the rules then all u have to say is . Guilty not guilty or no contest, then u have options for school and a fine then you go into the billing room to sign up... those were my experiences.

yeah same here. i dress normally. i think the last time i had to do traffic school i didn't even have to go to court. just had to have it all finished by the court date. online traffic school BLOWS tho

I can give you some advice from some hands on experience. As everyone else has said, just have a polite and respectful attitude. Answer honestly to any of the judges questions. Even if the answer is "I was speeding because I decided I wanted to go fast, I did it 100% on purpose, and I got caught." They respect someone who will man up and not make excuses. I suggest black slacks with a button down shirt and tie. Can't go wrong with that.

HEED MY WARNING.

I am just newly 18 years old and I will be getting my license back in 10 days. I got three tickets. One was my junior year of high school. Failure to yield right of way because I pulled out in front of a minivan. It was carelessness on my part and I just honestly didn't see the van. I got driving school and it was dropped. I would be fine right now if I didn't turn around and get two tickets back to back around the start of winter my senior year. One for speeding 54 in a 35 which I was well aware I was doing. I was on the way home from work at like 11 at night and was goofing off. Two weeks later I got nailed for pulling an illegal uturn. Once again carelessness on my end for not looking for a no uturn sign. I spent long periods off and on driving since January from my parents and court agreements and spent way too much money on fines. When all that was said and done, DMV suspended my license for 90 days at the start of summer and I now have to pay them $140 to get it back in 10 days. The moral of the story is DON'T GET ANYMORE TICKETS BEFORE YOU TURN 18! The punishment is much stricter in Virginia for teenage drivers.

Edit: I should also mention that the DMV will order a mandatory driving school for the second offense. You have to pay for it and it does not count for anything. Only to keep your license. Third offense they suspend it.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

I got a ticket for 62 in a 45 and didn't have insurance at the time and the address on my license was wrong. The "vehicle enforcement" officer had my car impounded. Any other cop in the city would have just gave me a warning but to top that day off I was on my way to a new job lol.

But I went to court for it (just wore a button up and jeans) The way the court goes down here they call your name you go up front and the judge tells you what's gonna happen, so there is no chance to really defend yourself unless u get a lawyer. but when I went to court I had insurance and my new id and he made me do an alternative program with no court fees or ticket costs. But I still have to pay $25 a month for them to make sure I have insurance. (still cheaper than ticket and court fees but still sucks)

so what I can suggest is don't speed dress "business casual" and hope for the best!

Good Luck!!

The next day my cousin got a ticket for 77 in a 75.... His ticket was 203$ and my ticket was $131.

Wow, that is fucking ridiculous...

I agree that's some bullshit

X3

and im not sure exactly what ricky means, but i would definitely not "guilt trip" ANY judge.

im from VA, and got my first ticket in MI while visiting family. it was the day after i had had my license for one year. 73 in a 55. cop bumped it down so it was between 10-14 over. had to take driver improvement class here in VA because i was a minor and got a ticket. pretty sure any speeding ticket as a minor will get you that class from a first offense. but if you take it, no points are added to your record. next ticket was here in VA. reckless. 82 in a 55. had court and had $200 ticket and $50 in court fines. lost my license for 3 months (2 months before i turned 18) and had to do 50 hours community service. the judge i had was just filling in that day. had some friends a week later with reckless charges and they said a bunch of kids there had reckless charges and the judge dismissed them all or some shit :bull: just my luck. and yes, 20 over is reckless in VA, and anything over 80 is automatically reckless. ive heard talk of that being dropped down to 70 or 75. and each MPH over 20 MPH over, can result in a day in jail. so you do 85 in a 35, you could be in jail for the next month lol.

oh, and i forgot, im on my moms insurance with all state, and because of that reckless, my insurance went up like $100 a month, for 2 years.

hope your dads not too mad. and you can keep driving whatever you like to class. best of luck at court.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

77 in the 75? LOL.. Sounds like my speeding ticket I got on Andrews Air Force Base (27 in the 25), but everyone knows that 1 over on a military base is different from 1 over in a civilian area.

My parents never came to court with me (save when I faced criminal charges) when I lived in Maryland, and I had plenty of court dates as a minor. A few violations in VA, also. But maybe it's different now. Sometimes the judge will even tell whoever came with you (witness, parent, accomplice, etc.) that he didn't call them so they need to have a seat in the waiting room (it can get pretty ugly). I also never dress up for court, and I beat my last 2 tickets. Jeans and t-shirt for me. But that's just me; I'm not trying to encourage you to not dress up, just showing that it's really not that big of a deal whether you do or don't.

I don't think you have to explain anything to the judge. You can just plead guilty and ask for traffic school. Most of the time, the bailiff will give you the option to plead guilty and go to traffic school before the judge enters the courtroom. Only the people who're pleading not guilty have to explain their circumstances and defend themselves.

But if you do stand before the judge and he asks you for a plea of guilty, not guilty, or no contest, just say guilty and ask for traffic school. No need to explain anything.

You can always tell when it's someones first time in court, or if they're nervous; they always babble on about how it was early in the morning and they weren't thinking, or how they've never had a ticket before, or how they didn't know, etc. Those 3 examples are not defenses, and if you have a shrewd judge he might retort to the first by saying people shouldn't begin driving until the afternoon if they can't think clearly in the morning; and to the second - you've never had a ticket before because you've never been caught before; and to the third - not knowing the law is not a valid excuse (these are actual things I've heard defendants and judges say).

For future references; when you get pulled over, don't admit anything. Just sign the ticket and be on your way. You might change your mind and decide to fight a ticket, but since you already admitted your guilt to the cop, even though your signature on the ticket doesn't show your agreement with the alleged violation, the cop can still use your words against you in court, and the judge is going to believe everything the cop says because you're guilty until proven innocent.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

Archived