Second Skin Audio

Ported/horn enclosure question on an internal 45 in the box.

solosickness

Your port is a bit close to the "horn"..

As to the 45's, they really only help on "loading" corners which are corners where air will be rushing past. Follow what you think the air path would be to find the corners that need 45's. Also as others have already said, an MDF 45 is best to try first just in case adding a 45 doesnt actually help. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt.

Edit

Those large flat braces will deflect airflow as well. Get rid of them or turn them so they are not sitting with the flat side facing the sub.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

you NEED 45's, at least. Bass doesnt refract well in a square, thats why most recording studios arent square :) if you have a single 90' angle, fix it, that includes the ones on your brace, take a router and a roundover bit to that, also, you need more bracing, and you need to paint the inside of the enclosure.

you are the one that has a lot to learn. putting a 45 in every corner does NOT help scores. it usually hurts. a recording studio is your example??? they want to KILL reflective waves. thats why the walls are covered in acoustic foam and sound absorbing materials. the complete opposite of what we want in our "spl" cars.

OP, yes i mean the stupid brace you used. but the whole box looks retarded to me.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Lol at this thread!

OP - So are you planning on running all 10K from that Horsey to that Solo X? If I were gonna do THAT, I'd use a proven design, so as not to take any chances of hurting the sub. Just my opinion.

I like your equipment

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Lol at this thread!

OP - So are you planning on running all 10K from that Horsey to that Solo X? If I were gonna do THAT, I'd use a proven design, so as not to take any chances of hurting the sub. Just my opinion.

I like your equipment

Im very confident in the design, Besides...I wanted to think "outside" the box with this. Ill prolly give it the full 10k at next years taylor michigan meet. If x2 l7's can burp a 149 and not toast"seen it in person" Im sure my solo can do it.

But for daily I was thinking 3-4k maybeeeee 5k, but it depends on if this enclosure will allow it.

Thanks Im gunna order x4 Kinetik 2400's wensday, hoping to start a build Thread soon.

Lots of haters, But its only cuz im doing somthing completly different then usual.But I have Faith in my designer, hes been around since the 70's, hes a vet. In my eyes.

Also the Pics I have in the thread are Unfinished, I dont have the Horn brace in, or the round 1" wooden rod in theses pics.

But right now I have all braces in, I have 1 thick coat on the inside, 5 layers on the outside, then im gunna double up everywall with berchwood for that extra .1-.3Db :drinks:

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

if the designer designed it with that brace in the middle, I wouldn't even build the box, its a horrible design.

Lol... Lemme termlab it first we will see, Im not just gunna throw the whole already built design away because it has a flat brace in it, Besides I have every corner in that box now sanded round...Port opening,horn opening, Brace edges, Horn braces, everything...

He told me alot of rounded needed too be done in the design for it to perform how he wants it too...

Like i said, I demoed it on 1k, The response was very flat, Large bandwidth "in my eyes", n most of all it was efficient! It beat out my old enclosure with 4k rms on output Hands down on 1k. =@8)=@

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

you NEED 45's, at least. Bass doesnt refract well in a square, thats why most recording studios arent square :) if you have a single 90' angle, fix it, that includes the ones on your brace, take a router and a roundover bit to that, also, you need more bracing, and you need to paint the inside of the enclosure.

you are the one that has a lot to learn. putting a 45 in every corner does NOT help scores. it usually hurts. a recording studio is your example??? they want to KILL reflective waves. thats why the walls are covered in acoustic foam and sound absorbing materials. the complete opposite of what we want in our "spl" cars.

OP, yes i mean the stupid brace you used. but the whole box looks retarded to me.

Lol might "look" stupid, but im sure you dont understand the design...Neither do I...But I deff have faith after that 1k rms demo. Even the supidest ugly looking boxs can get loud...

Besides, the solo x is a square cone, and the subwoofers basket only lets air rush out the back in those corner directions, The spots with the wood bracing shouldnt do too much if rounded well, Look at photos of the frame of a solo on google, ud understand...Maybe not...

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

lol i didnt know sound waves and air moved only in a straight line. damn, i guess the sound will never find its way out of my ports.

its funny how you have no idea who i am or what i know yet you assume the things you dont understand, i must not understand either.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

This has to be a pete/hexibase/pwk fail box.

I cant wait to see how this turns out.

Ive read this whole thread just lmao.

If it is a pwk box then just do exactly what he said to do.

Btw... That box looks donkey to me.

Maybe it will do a 50 and prove me wrong.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived