Sonic Electronix

how thick should my sound detenator be? in mil please:)

the difference between that and second skin is that roofing products use asphalt based stuff (what roads are made out of) were as second skin uses butyle or rubber. go punch your tire and the road and tell me which feels better. its works for heat but rubber is quieter. you do no have to 100 percent cover your entire floor in second skin either. a few sheets of damp pro goes a long ways.you can leave spaces in between sheets also with second skin. and you would not have to go more than one layer think with it either.

fatmat helped my roof a bit....three layers thick and took out quite a bit of flex

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

is fat mat that over rated?

It's a roofing product, not a sound deadener. So if you want it to deaden, you'll have to load the panels with mass. Even then, you can get better results with other products, like ones that are specifically designed to deaden sound and kill vibrations.

Read this

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112634-why-roofing-products-dont-work/

Fat mat is NOT PEEL N SEEL :peepwall: You're passing on the wrong information...

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

It's a roofing product, not a sound deadener. So if you want it to deaden, you'll have to load the panels with mass. Even then, you can get better results with other products, like ones that are specifically designed to deaden sound and kill vibrations.

Read this

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112634-why-roofing-products-dont-work/

Fat mat is NOT PEEL N SEEL :peepwall: You're passing on the wrong information...

Lol I tried to say that earlier but no one listens!!!!

But fat mat still sucks! Don't you see everyone say "oh fat mat worked great for me, I just had to put 15 layers" just pay the extra cash and put 1 layer of good shit on! It's so much worth the couple extra bucks compared to the time and laver you'd spend putting on a shit ton of other shit! Plus the blistered and cut up hands that you can avoid!! Just use common sense man

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Read this

My bad bro. Not the first time I pass out bad information :P

EDIT: Actually after researching it a bit, P&S are very similar, and both used as roofing products. They are both asphalt based products, and both work by effectively adding mass, so I feel that the information in Jons thread still applies with FatMat, even if it was made with Peel n Seal in mind (which he doesn't state...)

This thread is a good read as well

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/20533-thoughts-on-fatmat/

Edited by Supercharged DCs

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Yeah basically fat mat is rebadged peel and seal... But still.... Everyone on here is acting like it was made for roofing and you buy it at lowes or some shit. But no it was made for car audio it is just a horrible product! It might be the peel and seal replacement for roofers haha.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

SoundDeadenerShowdown

check them out... I have used it 2 separate vehicles and have had great results.. Haven't moved onto the MLV stages yet but will be soon...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.