Sonic Electronix

I'm pretty new to putting decent systems into vehicles. So I was wondering what is the difference in capacitors? Right now I'm only running 800 watts so I dont really need one but I just want to learn a lil bit more about them. I was looking at some of the different caps and i was seeing 1,2, up to 30 farad and i dont really know what it means. So if anyone could give me some knowledge that would be awesome.

Edited by theTank77

Capacitators and Capacitators will strain your electrical system. Capacitators are an idea out of the dark middleages from caraudio.

If you want to do something for your electrical system, do first the big three, than up from your wattage more batt´s and alt´s.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

all my wires are fine. I just redid all of them not to long ago. Right now I'm running a 140amp alt and a decent battery and im only running 800 watts so i dont need another battery or a bigger alt. even with my system cranked and my headlights on my volts never go below 14 so im good on that aspect right now. i just want to know more about them.

cap have a really fast discharge and recharge rates(typically) This is why they usually end up putting more stress on an electrical sytem. they're only good for short bursts really.

Caps act like shock absorbers for the electrical system smoothing the ripple the battery see's, they only work if your electrical doesn't drop in voltage.

That's a good analogy.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

well redid usually means upgraded to people with a lil common sense. and yes now i am going to be an asshole just because you called me one. I upgraded all of my wires to 0 ga. power wire to alt and starter and ground to block and frame plus I rust and corrosion proofed all of it by using grade 8 hardware and a shittone of dielectric grease. Ive got a NATEF Cert in automotive electrical I know how to do wires. I started this thread because I wanted to learn more about capacitors because I'm trying to get more into subs and shit like that. I didn't expect to get trolled by a couple guys trying to be smartasses just because I'm new to these forums. I thank the people who give me good information but if you want to troll me and call me an asshole you can just go fuck yourself and I hope all you shit gets stolen.